Height without a lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

florida_stormtrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2" leveling kit from Fabtech installed. I'm wondering if there is anything I can buy like shocks or something to get a little more height without buying a full suspension lift. Also, I don't want a body lift. I know this post may sound dumb but I have extremely limited knowledge of vehicle mechanics. I'm also getting ready to order some MT Classic black wheels, 17x9 w/-12 offset, and Baja MTZs to fit I just haven't decided on size.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You can try the Bilstein adjustable's but they won't get you much more than the level you have on the front.

Honestly, the next step up would be a 4" lift kit.

What size tires are you planning on?

OP
OP
F

florida_stormtrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I want to keep 33s just because of cost, hence why I don't want to get a suspension lift. I've been debating going up to 34s because the price difference isn't too much with the Mickeys.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If you're 4x4, install bilstien 5100 set at 2.8" in the front and a 3/4" or 1" spacer for the rear.. It will be a noticeable difference.

IMO

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wouldn't even consider going any bigger on just 33s. Let alone your answer to why you don't want a lift. A lift and leveling kit have the same end goals, it's just lifts generally start at 4"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Your 2" leveling kit will be more than enough for 17x9 -12 offset and 33's or 34's. No need to go any higher. As others have said Bilsteins at 2.8" will get you a bit higher than your current 2" kit. Anything more than that would require a full suspension lift kit.