HELP...tire rub with lift and 35" tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had no issues with trail grapplers either, I got 45k out of them

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
How long do you guys run a set of tires? Tread wise? Not that tread life was the issue with them.. But I usually replace my tires once they go below half tread. The purpose of off road tires is the tread.

IMO

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Depends.

I run my tires until I start noticing loss of grip and performance. Usually around 1/4 to 1/3 tread.
They could last a lot more and be fine for most people, but like you said the purpose of off-road tires are the tread.

Guerrilla zoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wouldn't think you would rub! I did a 2.5 leveling kit with 20 in fuel assualts 35 inch mud tires and I barely rub plastic fender

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Depends.

I run my tires until I start noticing loss of grip and performance. Usually around 1/4 to 1/3 tread.
They could last a lot more and be fine for most people, but like you said the purpose of off-road tires are the tread.

Yea exactly. Mine being a quarter tread now and they still hook up good in the snow and water on the roads doesn't pull me around so I'm still fine with running them.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
As soon as mine get past half the tread life, I'm shopping new tires. They always sell quickly on CL that way and I get some money back after the purchase.

IMO

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Or just get your money's worth and run them til they're worn and then not have to pay $xxxx for another year or two. Anyway op how'd you make out on your rubbing issue? Alignment fix it?

Stlram21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Generic 4" lift, 1.25" body lift, bils set @ 2.1 wheels are 20x10 -12 offset had no rubbing issues, I threw my 1.75" spacers on and had to trim a bit off the front plastic lower valance due to rubbing while in reverse.

Do you have a side view pic of the truck along the body? I'd like to see how much the tires poke out. I really like the color of the truck too.

OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Or just get your money's worth and run them til they're worn and then not have to pay $xxxx for another year or two. Anyway op how'd you make out on your rubbing issue? Alignment fix it?

I am picking it up later today, unfortunately the service tech's daughter is very sick so he needed yesterday off to take her to a doctor out of town. I think the service manager thought I'd be mad the truck wouldn't be done yesterday, but family always comes first before something as unimportant as a truck lift. I'm hopeful they got everything sorted out but I'll find out later today. I'm really kinda going to be frustrated if it still rubs since as everyone has said, the setup I have should fit without issues.

I also am going to find out how horrible of gas mileage I will now be getting since it's an hour drive back home and I'm sure I'm going to be laughing the entire time. I do have an Edge CTS2 Evolution that I'll use for the economy tune, which hopefully helps a little. Fortunately I have a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude that is my daily driver, so luckily for my wallet the truck is only used 2 a week for my part-time mowing gig and weekend fun vehicle.

twelver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great looking truck! Hopefully it all works out. Keep us updated please.

ricky2010hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Do you have a side view pic of the truck along the body? I'd like to see how much the tires poke out. I really like the color of the truck too.

Here you go

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 60

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
HELP...tire rub with lift and 35" tires

7c7a205deb1e3c7ca003d04f0615c0be.jpg

Why do all of your pictures look dark, cold, or rainy? Seems like a terrible place to live lol.

IMO

Last edited:
OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Picked Up the Truck...

So I just got home from picking up the truck and doing a little running around town. The right tire does rub, even with the alignment done, which sucks. The good thing is that it is the lower plastic trim on the fender and is very minimal, so tomorrow I'll be shaving 1/4" off of both sides to fix the problem.

Other than that, the truck drives well...even though we had 30-50mph winds the entire drive home. In terms of power, I didn't notice any difference, I was able to floor it and speed around a few semis that I was next to and wanted to change lanes. Gas mileage wise, well obviously there is a drop but it really wasn't that bad...maybe 2mpg...and that's without the eco tune from my CTS2. I got home and tried to put the eco tune on and for some reason it won't set up properly so I have to call Edge Monday to get it sorted out. I also didn't have my tonneau cover on due to having to put the stock tires in the bed. So my guess is after putting the tune and cover on...I should gain 1-1.5mpg back.

The only thing I definitely will be doing is putting on some black steps since I'm 5'10" tall and it's a little bit of a jump to get into the truck. I'll be posting some pictures tomorrow after I get it washed and it's actually light outside.

Again, thanks to everyone that gave input on how to fix the problem. While the setup shouldn't have had any issues...stuff happens...luckily it is an easy quick fix.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Congrats I'm glad you like it. 2mpg doesn't seem too bad and maybe the winds did play a factor in the mpgs. You shouldn't be buying a full size truck with v8 if you're looking for gas mileage anyway. Looking forward to some pics!

OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Generic 4" lift, 1.25" body lift, bils set @ 2.1 wheels are 20x10 -12 offset had no rubbing issues, I threw my 1.75" spacers on and had to trim a bit off the front plastic lower valance due to rubbing while in reverse.

What did you use to cut your plastic lower valance? I figure I'll go to Lowe's and buy a disc for my large dremel. However if you did it another way I'd love the input. Thanks!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio