HELP...tire rub with lift and 35" tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used a sawzall lol! I didn't take off much so it wasn't too bad at all

Oh, luckily I don't have a sawzall since I wouldn't have the balls to do it that way since I'd be terrified I'd mess something up haha. I actually just saw a forum of pics where people totally removed the valance completely so I may do that and see how it looks. Worst comes to worse I'll use my cutting disc and trim it back.

Thanks!

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

Are you talking about the front valance under the bumper? Or the fender well lining behind the wheel? I could scroll up, not in the mood :)

Edit: I scrolled up, the description wasn't clear.

IMO

Last edited:
OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unfortunately mine is a disc only, it's kinda like a grinding wheel almost. Good looking out though! If I had a small one I'd definitely use that bit since it would make it easier to keep a straight line at a lower speed.

OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you talking about the front valance under the bumper? Or the fender well lining behind the wheel? I could scroll up, not in the mood :)

IMO

Font valance under the bumper. Luckily it's not hitting the wheel well lining or wheel well at all.

OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just remove that thing! Gain like 6" of clearance too... Was my first mod :)

IMO

Probably what I'll do. I looked underneath and it looked like it's just 4 bolts that are holding it on, or am I wrong?

OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have chrome, mine had like 10 clips and two 10mm bolts

IMO

Guess I'll find out in the AM. Mine is only like 3.5-4" in height overall if that, so definitely totally different than your 6". Of course mine is an Express, so not the same model trucks. Thanks though!

OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Stuck my head under the bumper and saw all the clips you were talking about...looks like I'll just cut it. Plus it looks like if I take it off it's going to look extra weird, I saw how deep the piece is and didn't realize how far back it goes.

OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I woke up at the buttcrack of dawn to get to Lowe's to get a cutting wheel disc to take care of my rub. Got home and it took all of 45 seconds to get everything fixed, needed to cut off about 1/8" but did a little more just to ensure it'll never have issues again.

I'll post pictures later tonight since I'm trying to squeeze every minute of sunlight I can out of the day outside. It's 70 today in Indiana...which NEVER hardly ever happens in February. I've been washing my vehicles, cleaning up the garage and my property. Now I'm off to give my dog a long walk since I've been ignoring him all day due to truck stuff. Hopefully anyone else in the Midwest is enjoying this weather too if it's this nice there as well!

Stlram21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I woke up at the buttcrack of dawn to get to Lowe's to get a cutting wheel disc to take care of my rub. Got home and it took all of 45 seconds to get everything fixed, needed to cut off about 1/8" but did a little more just to ensure it'll never have issues again.

I'll post pictures later tonight since I'm trying to squeeze every minute of sunlight I can out of the day outside. It's 70 today in Indiana...which NEVER hardly ever happens in February. I've been washing my vehicles, cleaning up the garage and my property. Now I'm off to give my dog a long walk since I've been ignoring him all day due to truck stuff. Hopefully anyone else in the Midwest is enjoying this weather too if it's this nice there as well!

Got up to 75 here today. Being stuck at work all weekend with this weather is terrible. Congrats on finishing your truck. What's next on your mod list?

ruskibrewski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What did you trim? The front bumper, fender or something else?

OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got up to 75 here today. Being stuck at work all weekend with this weather is terrible. Congrats on finishing your truck. What's next on your mod list?

Fender flares, tonneau cover, and AMP power steps. Flares and cover will be done in a week. I had a soft cover but am changing to hard Bak Flip.

ruskibrewski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I removed my valance so my tire must be rubbing against something else. It's only doing it when backing into an angled driveway or something.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

Bottom of your fender well behind the wheels

Heat gun.

IMO

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

Started a Build Thread so check out the pics over there!

Thanks again to everyone who gave me input and helped out with fixing the problem! Great to know I bought the brand truck with the best owners!

http://www.ramforum.com/f17/magua_savage_my_build_so_far-81170/

Was looking through your pics.. Notice quite a bit of rake and was wondering if you prefer it like that or not.. Did your kit include the bils? If so, what setting are they on?

Also curious to know how straight the nittos drive... Any pull left/right?

IMO

Last edited:
OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was looking through your pics.. Notice quite a bit of rake and was wondering if you prefer it like that or not.. Did your kit include the bils? If so, what setting are they on?

Also curious to know how straight the nittos drive... Any pull left/right?

IMO

I found out I do not have the Bils, thought I'd asked for them but I guess I didn't.

In terms of the rake I like it, makes it a lil meaner looking I think.

As far as the Nittos go...no problems with pull in either direction. Obviously if I let go of the wheel it follows the crown of the street, meaning left heading one way and right heading the opposite.

I really have no complaints, it drives really well. I am seeing a slip in mileage but it's still only 1 mpg in city. We do have an @ssload of stoplights where I live so even my Grand Cherokee suffers with city driving.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45