How big can I go w/ 4 corner air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sled Freak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, new to this forum and need some advise. Read through a bunch of posts but haven't found the answer to my question yet.

Recently bought a 16 Ram 4x4 CC with all the toys. While its still new-ish I want to trade in stock rubber for some larger A/T's. Plan is to install factory rear link to front for a 2" increase. So With that said, how large of tire will fit with no interference? I'm thinking/hoping 35" (285/65/20) in either a BFG AT or Duratrac on factory rim. Anyone running this set-up chime in with pros/cons.:favorites13:

Hemipower392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm missing 2 cylinders
My dad ran that exact tire on his 2012 4x4 longhorn 1500 with a leveling kit and it worked out fine!

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I would only be nervous of when the truck goes into entry mode, or aero mode on the highway. Would it hit the 35's?

BDS has a 4" suspension lift for the airlift trucks. Maybe worth checking out. You can also throw a body lift on to get more height.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Hemipower392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm missing 2 cylinders
I would only be nervous of when the truck goes into entry mode, or aero mode on the highway. Would it hit the 35's?

BDS has a 4" suspension lift for the airlift trucks. Maybe worth checking out. You can also throw a body lift on to get more height.

This is pry the best way to go, I forgot the truck lowers and high speed

Joshwaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 CC 4x4 Laramie AirRide
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can turn off Aero mode if you wish.

chesafreak

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport Crew
Engine
He said he plans on doing the link trick that keeps it in off road mode and I believe will not lower down to aero mode at all then.

Im waiting on my truck that will have 4 corner air and would like to hear from more people that have installed the BDS kit. Havent seen anyone posting on this forum about it and a couple on the diesel ram forum.

OP
OP
Sled Freak

Sled Freak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From what I've read doing the link swap in the front gains 2". Entry, areo and and or1 will work as normal its just or2 that won't, which isn't a big deal to me anyway. My main concern is obviously clearance for steering, and secondly entry/exit mode still doing its thing. I'm aware it will have to be in areo mode before driving, and thats pretty much what I do now. So essentially would be the same as leveling out non air suspension truck in my mind??? Do 35's fit under a normal truck with 2" lift in front?

All the local tire shops I contacted today said the only A/T tires available in a 285/65/20 was the BFG. There's gotta be more options then that. I'm not opposed to the BFG as I've ran them before on different trucks. But EVERYONE has them around here. What other A/T tires are you guys running in this size? Pics would be awesome!!!

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
From what I've read doing the link swap in the front gains 2". Entry, areo and and or1 will work as normal its just or2 that won't, which isn't a big deal to me anyway. My main concern is obviously clearance for steering, and secondly entry/exit mode still doing its thing. I'm aware it will have to be in areo mode before driving, and thats pretty much what I do now. So essentially would be the same as leveling out non air suspension truck in my mind??? Do 35's fit under a normal truck with 2" lift in front?

All the local tire shops I contacted today said the only A/T tires available in a 285/65/20 was the BFG. There's gotta be more options then that. I'm not opposed to the BFG as I've ran them before on different trucks. But EVERYONE has them around here. What other A/T tires are you guys running in this size? Pics would be awesome!!!
I love my Duratracs, they're a fantastic tire! 325/60/20

4d0dc33336d34b0473c96f303f7107bf.jpg

OP
OP
Sled Freak

Sled Freak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love my Duratracs, they're a fantastic tire! 325/60/20

4d0dc33336d34b0473c96f303f7107bf.jpg

Good looking rig man. Looks like more then a 2" lift lol. I want to try the duratracs but I'm told they're not available in a 285 and cost a good chunk more then BFG's. All 4 places tried to talk me out of them.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
285/65/20 BFG's w/Bils @ 2.1 and a 1" rear spacer. That size fits just fine with 2" up front. Took my truck off road too and she didn't rub when flexed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 55