How does the lift kit affect ride?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ReactorWatchGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, you have been really helpful in the past. I am really stoked with my 2012 Ram CC 4X4 5.7 Hemi. I've put a leveling kit on it and ordered a S&B CAI. I'm thinking of putting a 4" suspension lift under it. I do a lot of travel with my position and I love the ride now. How will a 4"suspension affect the ride on my highway trips? I want the look of the lift but I don't want to change the ride too much. Also any recommendations for a tuner that will help keep the loss in gas milage to a minimum?

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went from a 2.5" level and 2" rear spacer on my '13 with 35's then a 6" RCX lift. Gas mileage was similar, awful lol, ride quality was still comfortable. The major thing I noticed was how the body would roll a lot more on turn, gotta slow down!

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
If you put a good quality lift on with good components you should end up with a better ride than stock. Upgrading the shocks will make a big difference there. I'd highly recommend Bilstein 5100's on the front end and either Bilsteins or Fox 2.0's on the back.

As stated above there's more body roll on a lifted vehicle but it's a truck, not a sports car. So just slow down a bit.

Texas_Cornhusker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My ride on my truck is twice as good as stock. I roll over speed bumps and barely notice, although I have a 6in BDS coil over kit with Fox 2.5 coil overs in the front and fox 2.0's in the rear. I originally had the 6in BDS kit, was not a fan of spring spacers in the front, and my ride was meh okay at best, after I put the BDS Fox coil overs on the front it was night and day.

OP
OP
R

ReactorWatchGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks great! Just the look I'm going for

My ride on my truck is twice as good as stock. I roll over speed bumps and barely notice, although I have a 6in BDS coil over kit with Fox 2.5 coil overs in the front and fox 2.0's in the rear. I originally had the 6in BDS kit, was not a fan of spring spacers in the front, and my ride was meh okay at best, after I put the BDS Fox coil overs on the front it was night and day.

Man that is a great looking ride brother! Are you running a tuner on it? What rubber do you have under it? I need something that is going to get 50,000 to 60,000 miles of tread life.