How high of a lev before bad geometry?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoadKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Getting a new RAM today and I plan to level or lift it.
My buddy cautiond me to not level higher than 2 inches without doing suspension lift. I guess his opinion is angles start to tweak.

I told him it's 2.5 inches the level of RAM and they sell lots of kits do so. he said just because they sell kits doesn't mean it's good for you truck.

I will probably do bills. Just really undecided on what tire I feel like I want to 12 1/2 inch width not sure I can find that with 34". they're mostly around 11"

Anyway anyone that has experience with lifting have an opnion on if exceeding two inches to level a Ram really a potential issue?

Thanks.

BiroRamRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My buddy cautiond me to not level higher than 2 inches without doing suspension lift. I guess his opinion is angles start to tweak.

I told him it's 2.5 inches the level of RAM and they sell lots of kits do so. he said just because they sell kits doesn't mean it's good for you truck.

I will probably do bills. Just really undecided on what tire I feel like I want to 12 1/2 inch width not sure I can find that with 34". they're mostly around 11"

Anyway anyone that has experience with lifting have an opnion on if exceeding two inches to level a Ram really a potential issue?

Thanks.

Running 2.5"-3" level kit no issues. Alot has to do with the shocks you purchase for handling and control. I'm running 305/55r20 with a 12" wide rim. Barely rubs not enough to bother me or to do any damage. Alot has to do with my wheels being a 12" wide and -44 offset. If you do 10" wheel you shouldn't rub at all.

Also what you running 2wd or 4wd?

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've always gone by the no more than 2" on a level rule.

bils would be the way to go IMO and probably many others here.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
As I mentioned in my reply to your PM, there's no issue with setting Bilsteins up to 2.8" to level your truck as they keep the suspension travel within OEM specs. As long as they're installed properly there shouldn't be any issues at all.

I would recommend staying away from any spacer type leveling kit on a 2013+ truck as they're prone to making the ball joints pop out of the upper A-arm as they allow the front suspension to overextend.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Thanks.
Imo Sir , everything you need to know for a Level , tire & Wheel specs and sizes that work & likely would not work without rubbing and a great info on backspacing , offset and the different effects of suspension geometry between spacers and bilsteins 5100s.

Fantastic information here.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=70918&share_fid=17770&share_type=t

Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bils at 2.8" with no issues here.
For your tire question you could go with a 295/60/20. Depending on tire choice it will be roughly a 34x11.5-12 wide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've had bilsteins 5100 installed @+ 2.8" for about 20,000 miles on my 14 QC 4X4 with zero issues .
Hope this helps !