How much better is the ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CavRedBigHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
how much better is the ride quality and road handling of your suspension with the bilstein adjustable. I think it's the 5100 most are running. Still using stock 20" wheels and stock tire size just using the Toyo Open Country A/T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I only have the fronts but they are stiffer than factory. Which isnt a bad thing as it helps the truck feel planted and controlled. Not saying the truck was all over the place, but it certainly tightened up the front a lot. I will do the rears if I ever get around to a lift.

OP
OP
C

CavRedBigHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I only have the fronts but they are stiffer than factory. Which isnt a bad thing as it helps the truck feel planted and controlled. Not saying the truck was all over the place, but it certainly tightened up the front a lot. I will do the rears if I ever get around to a lift.

Yeah I. Price a lot of sway when I take sweeping curves on the hwy (alaska) just want to stiffen it up a bit while giving me a bit of an upgrade and one step closer to a new set of wheels and tires. MAYBE. I like the rake I have now but would be nice to have them on if I decide to get wheels and tires.
Thanks for your input!

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anytime, its what the forum is for. I set mine at max height and never looked back.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

CavRedBigHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That sounds like it will kill the trucks body roll as I cruise thru those turns. Thanks!!!

Sway bars are not to completely remove body roll, but to "tune" the trucks handling. These can drastically change over/under steer as well tracking of the truck. A sway bar will still let the truck lean but helps keep the traction balanced on the tires. There is a lot more than just body lean that goes into how a truck will handle. A heavy front sway bar vs a light, as well rears can change how the truck drives completely. Wrong setup will screw up the handling completely.

OP
OP
C

CavRedBigHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Sway bars are not to completely remove body roll, but to "tune" the trucks handling. These can drastically change over/under steer as well tracking of the truck. A sway bar will still let the truck lean but helps keep the traction balanced on the tires. There is a lot more than just body lean that goes into how a truck will handle. A heavy front sway bar vs a light, as well rears can change how the truck drives completely. Wrong setup will screw up the handling completely.

Man without you fellow forum members... I'd be flying off half cocked! Thanks!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Yeah I. Price a lot of sway when I take sweeping curves on the hwy (alaska) just want to stiffen it up a bit while giving me a bit of an upgrade and one step closer to a new set of wheels and tires. MAYBE. I like the rake I have now but would be nice to have them on if I decide to get wheels and tires.
Thanks for your input!

bilstiens 5100 adjustables are not adjustable after they are on the truck. You have to decide what to set it at before installing. If you want to change it later it requires ripping it all apart again and then having to get another alignmnet.

OP
OP
C

CavRedBigHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
bilstiens 5100 adjustables are not adjustable after they are on the truck. You have to decide what to set it at before installing. If you want to change it later it requires ripping it all apart again and then having to get another alignmnet.

Yeah, I'm cool with that. I've got access to the military bases up so space and tools are free. Lol

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Independent research is always your best friend. What works for one person may not necessarily work for another.
Jay

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam