How is your Zone 6in lift holding up.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am hopefully liffting my truck early February. I like the zone lift because of the price but I like the warranty that BDS has to offer.

Im wondering how well y'alls Zone lift kits are doing after a few years of ownership.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Beauregard7765
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have put off lifting my truck for two years now so what's another 2 lol

Sent from the fetal position using Tapatalk

chipmaker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Weird that everyone on here slurps up to BDS over RCX or Superlift, yet no one can tell you how they are lasting.

OP
OP
Beauregard7765
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well maybe someone will chime in

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Weird that everyone on here slurps up to BDS over RCX or Superlift, yet no one can tell you how they are lasting.

I just swapped over my RCX strut spacers to BDS and there's no comparison. If the Zone is anywhere close then I can't see any long term issues.

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Because people have told us how RCX is lasting, and it isn't all good news. That's why opted for Zone. Plus, if I want to add spacers to the rear of my truck, I can with Zone because the kit comes wit springs. I believe you can with Superlift as well but RCX you can't. Sure, no one has chimed in on how they are lasting on HERE, but that's why I did my homework and read reviews across other boards and Zone's website to pull the trigger on my order.

Adam

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4

well you gotta think, a lot of people sell their trucks before they get years of wear and tear on the lift. Most likely unless there is an issue for the people who have had these lifts the longest you probably wont see a thread about how well its doing

robbob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed my Zone 6" lift this spring and it is doing well. I have towed my camper about 8 times since and have no issues. Last month I hauled about 1200# of cast iron radiators in the bed, squatted a bit until I aired up my air bags but no issues.
IMG_0304_zpsh4jhunib.jpg

I have the 5 inch coils in the rear and Rancho Quick Levels in the front. Gave me about 5 1/4 inches in the front.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I installed my Zone 6" lift this spring and it is doing well. I have towed my camper about 8 times since and have no issues. Last month I hauled about 1200# of cast iron radiators in the bed, squatted a bit until I aired up my air bags but no issues.
IMG_0304_zpsh4jhunib.jpg

I have the 5 inch coils in the rear and Rancho Quick Levels in the front. Gave me about 5 1/4 inches in the front.

Very nice looking rig ! What's that trailer weigh loaded ( bout 6k ) ?
How do you like your air bags ? I'm contemplating between air bags or a spacer to maintain level when hauling camper or boat .

robbob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Loaded is about 6500, I use it for work so I travel heavy, live in it for months at a time. The air bags are great, Boss Air Bags makes a kit for lifted Rams. I paid about $325 for them back in April. The ones you insert into the coil springs will not work, the coils on the Zone springs are a bigger inside diameter than stock so the bags will not touch the coils. I run about 3# of air day to day and bump it up to about 10 with the camper on.

OP
OP
Beauregard7765
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is a 800 dollar difference between BDS and Zone. From everything I have read Zone will do me fine with the the occasional off-roading I actually do but at the same time I plan on having this truck for until the tires fall off so I don't want to have to rebuy a new lift in 4 years when this one fails so I think for that I might just do BDS

robbob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is a 800 dollar difference between BDS and Zone. From everything I have read Zone will do me fine with the the occasional off-roading I actually do but at the same time I plan on having this truck for until the tires fall off so I don't want to have to rebuy a new lift in 4 years when this one fails so I think for that I might just do BDS

The Zone and BDS are almost identical lifts. They use the same parts except for longer brake lines vs. relocation brackets and the front cross members are a bit different for more ground clearance. Heck the manual uses the same pictures and instructions for 95% of it.

OP
OP
Beauregard7765
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah so it's basically a no question asked warranty vs factory warranty

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Just curious, but where are you getting that you would have to rebut a lift every 4 years?? I mean, at the least you might have to buy a replacement part of something fails but I HIGHLY doubt the entire kit would need replaced...

Adam

OP
OP
Beauregard7765
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah most likely just buying a new part. Rather than the whole lift. Does zone sale just specific parts of their lifts?

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Make sure you read the fine print on what the warrenty covers. If a part fails and damages other parts, the BDS warrenty only covers their part that failed and won't cover anything for other repairs that may be needed. I know is says "no fine print" but you should check it out. Reading over the warrenty, doesn't look any better than what other manufactures offer. Didn't look any different than the warrenty I got from Superlift.

OP
OP
Beauregard7765
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Prom comp has a lifetime warranty and also covers driveline for 60 k miles or 2 years

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk