Im being told a 2" level will give me "death wobble", suggestion?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I called a reputable shop today to inquire about a 2" leveling to my 2012 Ram (2WD). He said they wouldnt cause it would cause "death wobble". He mentioned on any other MAKE it was possible except Dodge because of its suspension design. He recommended a 4" lift for $1,600. Minutes after i hung up i called its competitor and he said he would do it for $500 and that Death Wobble would be an issue only if the truck was old. I didnt ask what his definition of old was. I searched the forums and read some good info on death wobble but i wanted to ask for comments and opinions. Hope you all dont mind. OH and the first shop mentioned working on my 2WD would cost a lot more than on a 4x4. I was surprised to learn it would cost more and not that i expected it to cost less. Yes ive exposed myself, i am a novice but i really do want to learn all that i want to add to my truck. Thanks in advance. :birgits_tiredcoffee

a_guerrajr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
i have 1.5" kit and it feels fine.
I haven't heard of others complain

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
what i head is when you level out a 4wd and have 4wd engaged it gives it a wobble. i think quite a bit of guys here have their 2wd leveled out.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The shops you are talking to are entirely clueless.

Death Wobble is known to plague vehicles with Solid Front Axles. Something your 2WD certainly would NOT have. What a putz.

a 1.5" or 2" front level will not cause any serious issues other than a potentially 'rough' ride.

BTW the Daystar 1.5" spacers are like $60.

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea with all the lift I have and 37's on a 2wd, I have no death wobble. A slight shake at 45 mph, but these trucks won't get death wobble BC of the track and pinion style steering.

It aint easy.... bein' Easy ;)

pd298

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got my HBS 2.5 level. I don't have any vibration in two or four wheel drive.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Like express said, a death wobble can not happen on your truck. So no worries there. The only problem would've been, like he also stated, a vibration when in 4wd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
They've covered death wobble
I've seen guys have some ball joint problems with 2.5" kits because of the angle it sets the control arms at

LURE1N

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a RCX 2.50'' leveling kit on my 2012 Ram 4x4 and have no issues!!

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yeah don't take it to those shops, they are idiots or just trying to get you to spend more money than you want to

MoparMulisha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Get a set of jackstands, a buddy and a 12 pack and do it yourself! :) one of the best ways of really getting to know your vehicles is doing the work yourself and you get a better sense of pride when a job is well done!

OP
OP
ivan

ivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The shops you are talking to are entirely clueless.

Death Wobble is known to plague vehicles with Solid Front Axles. Something your 2WD certainly would NOT have. What a putz.

a 1.5" or 2" front level will not cause any serious issues other than a potentially 'rough' ride.

BTW the Daystar 1.5" spacers are like $60.

Thank you for explaining. The 1.5" spacers i found online say they're for 2011, i couldn't find any Daystar specifying 2012. Would they work? I found others, maybe in readylift.com can't remember, for 2012 around $90. Again Thanks.

Yeah don't take it to those shops, they are idiots or just trying to get you to spend more money than you want to

I was very surprised as they are top notch around here. But i will take your advice!

Get a set of jackstands, a buddy and a 12 pack and do it yourself! :) one of the best ways of really getting to know your vehicles is doing the work yourself and you get a better sense of pride when a job is well done!

This sounds like a plan!! Any sites you could recommend that can help/guide me through the process? I mean that show diagrams or something of the sort? Any help is much appreciated, thanks for the reply.

Thanks to all that replied. I definitely want to do this as I won't be able to spend on lifting it (6") until sometime mid next year. In the meantime I would like to level it, add a spray on bed liner, front window tint, add a light bar, and hopefully a nice CD/DVD/Camera head unit. (Camera would be pending for next year, but I want the capability)

Stroked

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yep, as all the others have said, lifting it will not give you the death wobble. That is only a problem on solid front axle dodges because of their coil spring and track bar setup.

I for sure wouldn't take anything to that shop if they're that clueless.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 HEMI
Agree totally with all these others guys. A body lift on an IFS will barely be noticable as far as ride quality.

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe a 09-11 level will work on a 2012

Agree totally with all these others guys. A body lift on an IFS will barely be noticable as far as ride quality.

Well I would hope not seeing that it sits between the frame and the body lol. He's looking at a level which goes on top of the springs

a_guerrajr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
they will work on a 12

check on Ebay, got my kit for $15 shipped

otherwise they run like $50 shipped

autoanything and daystar.com have the part #

Derek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2.5 ReadyLift SST Kit on my 2011 Ram 1500 4x4 and haven't had any issues yet. (Knock on wood)

To3z

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Lone Star 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just make sure you get your truck aligned afterwards!!!! I just leveled mine out yesterday and took it to get aligned, that thing was all out whack! Not sure if everyone has that problem but it's better to be safe than sorry.

ultra2207

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just make sure you get your truck aligned afterwards!!!! I just leveled mine out yesterday and took it to get aligned, that thing was all out whack! Not sure if everyone has that problem but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Yep, alignment is a must. I did a 2.5 level this week and the shop I took it to get aligned at literally laughed at how bad it was out of alignment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddo