Infamous washer placement on Bils 5100's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpittman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm having a shop install my Bilstein 5100's for leveling when they install my BDS lift. Will I be able to visually inspect that they installed the washer in the right place that so many other shops get wrong? Or is it totally covered after the install? I mentioned it to the guy at the front counter, he seemed like he knew what I was talking about, but I doubt he'll be doing the actual work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
It will be covered by the upper spring seat and hardware if done right; you won't see it at all. You'd need to see the strut before it's installed on the strut to see if it's done wrong (right under the nut). Once they're installed you won't see that either.

norville

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is there a Pic of this, I may be installing these in the Spring when I get new tires on my '11 Outdoorsman.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Is there a Pic of this, I may be installing these in the Spring when I get new tires on my '11 Outdoorsman.

No pictures as you can't really see it well. Just remember that the washer that comes with the Bilsteins goes on the shock rod BEFORE the upper spring seat and hardware.

smokedbystang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
I have no idea if this helps but I can only assume these are installed right. Just got mine done too.
IMAG2294_zpsvv96vawe.jpg

IMAG2296_zpskjxbpwz9.jpg

norville

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No pictures as you can't really see it well. Just remember that the washer that comes with the Bilsteins goes on the shock rod BEFORE the upper spring seat and hardware.

Thanks, I'm sure it will make sense when I have them...I'm itching to do this but tires 20" tires are pricey and I want to do it all in one shot... I just have to hold out until april..

Sorry for the hijack OP