Installing 6" PROCOMP STAGE I Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nickaliRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a garage with a lift and all tools needed to install the lift, but I have never done a lift before. I am very mechanically inclined when working on trucks, but I just wanted to get some advice or tips from anyone on whether I should or shouldnt install myself.

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Make sure to have a spring compressor...and it can be done! Gonna probably need an extra set of hands tho lol

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You don't need a spring compressor unless you're installing new struts (Bilsteins). Just take off the entire lower control arm assembly with the strut tower intact. An extra set of hands is extremely useful, it can cut the time in half especially when you have to lower the front diff for the drop brackets. Make sure you are very careful when putting the cv's back into the new steering knuckles so they do not bind. Just follow the instructions that come with the kit very carefully and you should be good to go!

OP
OP
N

nickaliRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Make sure to have a spring compressor...and it can be done! Gonna probably need an extra set of hands tho lol

My buddy that is a technician at Dodge is going to be helping me or the other way around, me helping him, but he is supplying the spring compressor.

Thank you for the info.

OP
OP
N

nickaliRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You don't need a spring compressor unless you're installing new struts (Bilsteins). Just take off the entire lower control arm assembly with the strut tower intact. An extra set of hands is extremely useful, it can cut the time in half especially when you have to lower the front diff for the drop brackets. Make sure you are very careful when putting the cv's back into the new steering knuckles so they do not bind. Just follow the instructions that come with the kit very carefully and you should be good to go!

Thank you for the info. I have 2 sets of instructions.

OP
OP
N

nickaliRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi

True..sorry forgot that you can just leave the strut tower intact and not have to actually remove the springs