Iron Cross front bumper?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CherryRedRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a set of Bilstein 5100 in the front set at max and I also have a 3inch Performance Accessories body lift. I was wondering because i recently cracked my factory plastic bumper if i could go with an iron cross? The website says it weighs 160 pounds. The question is will the bumper brackets hold that?

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
no they wont, they'll start to bend. You will need to get a welder to make better brackets.

Im in the same boat, i want a 3" body lift but i dont have a welder friend to fab up some brackets

OP
OP
C

CherryRedRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dang that sucks. I cracked my factory bumper pretty bad and i don't really want to go through the hassle of messing with welding new brackets and such. Thanks for the reply. i guess i'll just go back to the factory OEM bumper.

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
yeah, it sucks. Especially when you want to put a winch on it also...ill need some crazy brackets

OP
OP
C

CherryRedRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
See i don't really care for the plastic Duraflex bumper that comes on the sport. What set up are you running right now? I know you said you wanted a 3in body lift.

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
yeah i like the body color bumper over chrome, besides the durability of it haha. Right now i have the stock bumper which is pretty much cracked off from offroading.

Im about to order iron cross bumpers and a 6" lift. The 3" body lift will have to wait till i find some who can weld up brackets.