Just installed Bilsteins, now 1.5" zone. Question for you guys.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoalRegion08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just slapped on the bilsteins in the front. Set them to second highest setting. Wasn't too bad, had my buddy help me out with compressing the spring. I want to run the 1.5" zone body lift, but I wanted to get some input from you guys. I originally wanted the 1.25" RC setup but oh well. For the guys that have the 1.5" BL, did you have to put gap guards on? Input and pictures would help. Thanks

monettejb

2018 Hydro Blue Edition Ram 1500
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've heard no gap guards are needed unless you get the 3". I will be following your build because I wondered if Bilsteins at 2.1 and the 1.5" BL would clear 35's.

Either way you won't need gap guards for that lil of a body lift. I've read these trucks have a large hang over on the frame/hides the frame well and when you lift them just the 1.5" you cant even tell it's a body lift. Keep me posted....

What tires are you gonna run? Look up Jameson.....he just posted pics with his Zone BL and Bilsteins.

OP
OP
C

CoalRegion08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Monettejb, thanks for the input. I will keep you posted on my BL, didn't even order it yet, but planning on it when I get my tax return back. Yeah, i've seen jameson's truck. I like his setup alot.

I'll be putting the nitto terra grapplers 33's on. I really have no clue if 35's can fit. I had a thread going about two months ago on the RC 1.25" BL. There's a guy on here named disturbedgator who has Bilsteins maxed with the 1.25" BL and he runs 35's. His truck looks great with them on.