Leaking grease after RCX 6" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

straightravage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello everyone,

I just went to get my new tires installed and noticed that there was grease coming from my boots on my drive axles. The left side is worse than the right side.

Does anyone know if that will be an issue? Is it something to worry about?

More details....I just installed a 6" rough country lift yesterday.

Everything went fine and the truck look good.

jakekinney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you have any trouble getting them in and out of the diff? They may have been ripped, pinched, poked ect ect if you were having to fight with them.

If you leave them like that they will run out of grease and the cv joints will start to bind/come apart. You'll start to hear a clicking sound when making turns, especially when parking and making sharp turns...then the vibrations will start to come. Not immediately but it will happen sooner or later. I havent looked into it but maybe you can find just a replacement boot kit for them instead of a whole new axle.

OP
OP
S

straightravage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went to autozone and they said there are no repair kits for the 4th gen 1500's.

I cleaned and inspected. The damage are two little slits that had to be done during either install or removal while build the front end up. There were times where they were hanging at extreme angles while we were removing and installing the lower A arms.

I used some military grab chaff tape to wrap around it after I cleaned it up.

Now I am on the search for repair boots.

I don't see the point in but two new half shafts because of a little rubber piece.

The hunt continues!!!