Level and 35's just installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

FISH ON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Supreme Suspensions 2.5 level which is just a strut assembly spacer. Geometrically it should be the same as any spacing system because it just extends all all the stock components. The tires are Toyo AT2's. They do not rub any major components. Only slightly touch the wheel well. They are a true 35x 12.5.

OP
OP
F

FISH ON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't like the ride so I was wondering if I can go with the rancho set up since the ride is adjustable and people say the bils are stiff. Maybe ranchos with a small spacer would work since ranchos don't go to 2.5.

TheFactor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't like the ride so I was wondering if I can go with the rancho set up since the ride is adjustable and people say the bils are stiff. Maybe ranchos with a small spacer would work since ranchos don't go to 2.5.

Looks great but I wouldn't compromise the ride especially from what you described . I'd **** can those spacers chalk it up to experience , don't look back and get some bils or the ranchos. If I were you I'd go ranchos for the ride adjustability and can soften them up . Myself I'd probably go Bils because I like a firmer ride but not what your feeling now . Also your probably going to need UCA's if you go with the bils at anything higher then 2.1 from what I read. The ranchos give you between 1.75 and 2" I believe so you'll probably be safe without UCA's.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

FISH ON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thx for the advise "theFactor"

I'm not hesitant about scrapping the spacers. I think I will try the bils. The look of only 1.75 won't be right. I hope it takes care of the crappy ride. It's a brand new truck, I do not expect it to ride just like stock with mods but I don't want it to feel like the wheels are coming off. I have been looking at Mevo UCA's but I'm not finding clear part numbers for my truck.

TheFactor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your very welcome ! :)

I'm not hesitant about scrapping the spacers. I think I will try the bils. The look of only 1.75 won't be right. I hope it takes care of the crappy ride. It's a brand new truck, I do not expect it to ride just like stock with mods but I don't want it to feel like the wheels are coming off. I have been looking at Mevo UCA's but I'm not finding clear part numbers for my truck.

Yeah I think that would be your best bet . Looks are important but not if you don't enjoy driving it because the ride quality deteriorated so much . From what I've read you should be very happy with the ride and looks of the Bil's and UCA's
If I wasn't going with a lift next year that would be the route I would go .

bigolayne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Bils and the mevotech UCA and couldn't be happier. The Bils, imo-this is key, rides better than stock all day. Again, that is my opinion based on my driving and expectations.
It was not to difficult to install and took at most 3 hours with my neighbor helping out. We took our time and tried to get everything perfect. With that said, I didn't tighten the Bils down enough and had a rattle. I posted on here and got some great advice and took it. Took out my impact and it was night and day.
The ride was/is incredible.
I don't have 35's on yet, but that is the plan. I also did the rears and put a 2 inch spacer. Kept some rake and gave me the height needed to go big...

OP
OP
F

FISH ON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice truck. I will probably get those ordered this week. Do you remember the part number of the UCAs?
Today's plan was to install the K&N cold air intake and the Mufflex exhaust I got in last week. I opened the K&N box and they forgot to put a GD air filter in it. I'm bummed because I wanted to do them both together. I guess I will just go do some chores and take out my frustrations on some leaves.

bigolayne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here you go my friend...these are the exact ones I ordered. This was my order from RockAuto...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 82

L84DNR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the ride

so you are saying with the 2.5 level kit you aren't happy with the ride? i was thinking about going with the 2.5 lift kit from rough country but not sure. what don't you like about the ride?

OP
OP
F

FISH ON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I can't speak for every level but I think they are pretty much the same. I am extremely picky about front ends. Not all Rams are the same. loose bushings or tie rods are unacceptable with a new truck and I will bring it back to the dealer every week until they fix it. That being said my dodge was solid. Now it feels like all the bushings in the control arms are bad. Feels like the truck has 100,000 miles on washboard roads. I did listen to everybody's opinion. The level was already done though. Live and learn. Listen to what you here on this forum.

TheFactor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I can't speak for every level but I think they are pretty much the same. I am extremely picky about front ends. Not all Rams are the same. loose bushings or tie rods are unacceptable with a new truck and I will bring it back to the dealer every week until they fix it. That being said my dodge was solid. Now it feels like all the bushings in the control arms are bad. Feels like the truck has 100,000 miles on washboard roads. I did listen to everybody's opinion. The level was already done though. Live and learn. Listen to what you here on this forum.
I have a feeling once you loose those spacers and get new UCA's and Bils you should be set . At least I'm hoping for your sake to eliminate dealing with the dealer .

TheFactor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice truck. I will probably get those ordered this week. Do you remember the part number of the UCAs?
Today's plan was to install the K&N cold air intake and the Mufflex exhaust I got in last week. I opened the K&N box and they forgot to put a GD air filter in it. I'm bummed because I wanted to do them both together. I guess I will just go do some chores and take out my frustrations on some leaves.
You should do the exhaust since your CAI isn't complete plus that way you can tell the difference for each mod . I just had a Magnaflow installed a week or so ago . Had it welded in and they did a sweet job , I'm really loving the new sound and my seat Dyno says I got some more power :) Not sure what intake I want yet but to hold me over I just ordered a dry AEM high flow drop in filter .
C5FD0D37-D468-4BD9-8590-E7F11A2216C1_zpsw7soaz8i.jpg

OP
OP
F

FISH ON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
14, 18 or 24?? How loud is it? I got a 14 which should be pretty loud.

TheFactor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
14, 18 or 24?? How loud is it? I got a 14 which should be pretty loud.

Went with a 24 and left the resonaters in . It's the exact sound I was hoping for not to loud but deep at idle and cruising with no drone . Put your foot in it and it's pretty aggressive sounding with a nice rip . Magnaflow has a nice sound , I'm betting your 14 is going to be pretty loud but should sound good . In guessing you wanted it pretty loud and why you went with a 14. Should sound really good and be what your looking for and if it's still not loud enough just have your resonaters removed but you could get a nasty drone I'm guessing .

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Went with a 24 and left the resonaters in . It's the exact sound I was hoping for not to loud but deep at idle and cruising with no drone . Put your foot in it and it's pretty aggressive sounding with a nice rip . Magnaflow has a nice sound , I'm betting your 14 is going to be pretty loud but should sound good . In guessing you wanted it pretty loud and why you went with a 14. Should sound really good and be what your looking for and if it's still not loud enough just have your resonaters removed but you could get a nasty drone I'm guessing .

I had 14" magnaflow on a 2012 ST... Wasn't happy with the sound (wanted more rumble) so I took it back a couple months later to have resonaters removed. Made zero difference in sound. I have flowmaster super 44 on my 2015, sounds really good.

TheFactor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had 14" magnaflow on a 2012 ST... Wasn't happy with the sound (wanted more rumble) so I took it back a couple months later to have resonaters removed. Made zero difference in sound. I have flowmaster super 44 on my 2015, sounds really good.

That's cool it's nice there so many different flavors of sound to choose from .
I was Leary of the ever so popular drone with some exhaust and didn't want to deal with it and I like to talk to my passengers when I want to lol