Level My Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redrhino99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I have a 2012 Ram 1500 4x4. I want to level it. What's the best thing to do that's easy on the pocket book? Spacers or shocks? Thanks.

expressthis13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Bilstein leveling shocks and hell bent steel leveling spacers are common here id look into those.

sent from tapatalk using my thumb :)

rwalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Bilsteins are nice and a bit of a higher end level, but for something easy on the pocket, something like a Rough Country spacer may be the most inexpensive although I'm not 100% sure on the prices of leveling kits from different manufacturers, just basing that off of the prices of their other products.

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Like said above spacers are cheapest you can get them anywhere from $150-300, I wish I would have done Bilsteins though.

usmfan789

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
im running the bilsteins, the ride is amazing. I paid 180 shipped and i paid 125 to get installed it was worth to me. you can get them for cheap installed just have to be willing to find a good shop some shops were quoting me 300-400 to install until i found a local shop who's priority was customer satisfaction not to charge an arm and a leg.

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I did the Rough Country 2.5" leveling kit on my Ram, and I love it. Only about $130 to purchase and I've loved it since I had it installed. Doesn't change the ride quality at all.

mojoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You will hear plenty of opinions and experiences, so here is mine :D I installed the 2" HBS kit, and for $79, it is hard to beat. The construction and finish are excellent, and for anyone with proper hand tools, a floor jack and stands, install is easy. :)

To me, my ride is better than stock. Having the nose up gives me a more balanced ride.

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2012 Ram 1500 4x4. I want to level it. What's the best thing to do that's easy on the pocket book? Spacers or shocks? Thanks.

They addresses it below.
It's all in hat you want to do now and in the future. If you're planning on throwing a suspension lift later. Go the bilstein route as it usable with the lift kit. Spacers need to be removed if they are a strut spacer like many of them are.

Either way, we can provide you either

Bilsteins are nice and a bit of a higher end level, but for something easy on the pocket, something like a Rough Country spacer may be the most inexpensive although I'm not 100% sure on the prices of leveling kits from different manufacturers, just basing that off of the prices of their other products.

I did the Rough Country 2.5" leveling kit on my Ram, and I love it. Only about $130 to purchase and I've loved it since I had it installed. Doesn't change the ride quality at all.