Level + rear spacer question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zotes1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
OK. i am trying to decide what setup to go with.

I know i am going to go with the Rough Country 2.5 inch front level and the rear 1.75 inch coil spacer

Now my question is:

If i do that rough country kit would it be best to ALSO go with the bilstein adjustable shocks or is that too much and unnecessary. Meaning should i just choose one or the other?

another question:
would JUST the shocks level the front and lift the back a little or are the shocks just to compliment the level/lift?

Links:
RC
Dodge Ram Leveling Suspension

Bilstein:
AllShocks.com | 2012*DODGE*Ram 1500 4WD Bilstein Shocks'

My truck:

photo-3-2.jpg
photo-4-8.jpg

my build thread
http://www.ramforum.com/f17/my-slow-build-thread-23036/

Last edited:

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Doing the combo kit nobody really ever uses the rear spacer. As installing the front one levels out the truck.

If you did Bilsteins youd get the same look while upgrading your shock..but will get a tad stiffer ride.

Missed a part...no you cant do them both the leveling spacer would have to come out to install the Bilsteins.

Last edited:

MoparMulisha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Choose one or the other. I personally would go with the Bilsteins, had on em on my 3rd Gen and loved em!

OP
OP
zotes1500

zotes1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
Doing the combo kit nobody really ever uses the rear spacer. As installing the front one levels out the truck.

If you did Bilsteins youd get the same look while upgrading your shock..but will get a tad stiffer ride.

Missed a part...no you cant do them both the leveling spacer would have to come out to install the Bilsteins.

Yeah i have seen a bunch of threads but no one ever installs the rear. im not sure why. i like the rear higher. iw ould be installing both front and rear

Choose one or the other. I personally would go with the Bilsteins, had on em on my 3rd Gen and loved em!

yeah its a tough desion. but the $130 price point is hard to beat

Ramster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just joined but read lots of threads before doing my Ram. I will try to upload some pics I took. I used the Rough Country 2.5 in front, 1.3/4 rear and put Nitto Trail Grappler 295/60/20 and it came out very nice I think.

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Just because adding the 1.75" rear spacer adds more rake..defeating the purpose of leveling lol

Ramster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Picture doesn' do it justice but it will give you a general idea...

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:

ATOM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
i just did bilsteins in the front and the rear 1.75" rc spacer. if you do the rear yourself make sure you got a spring compressor, i couldn't get my springs back in without it. my 35's and alignment go on next week

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I just joined but read lots of threads before doing my Ram. I will try to upload some pics I took. I used the Rough Country 2.5 in front, 1.3/4 rear and put Nitto Trail Grappler 295/60/20 and it came out very nice I think.

definitely like to see that set up!

ultra2207

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can toss up some pics of a rc 2.5/1.75 combo tomorrow. I ran with just the front spacer for a few days then decided to toss on the rear spacer for kicks just to see. I much prefer the slight rake and look with the rear spacer installed. Also, no spring compressor needed. Easy install, did it by myself in my tiny 1 car garage with jack stands and hand tools. If I had to do it all over again I'd probably do bilsteins up front and the 1.75 rear spacer.

sent via tapatalk

OP
OP
zotes1500

zotes1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
I can toss up some pics of a rc 2.5/1.75 combo tomorrow. I ran with just the front spacer for a few days then decided to toss on the rear spacer for kicks just to see. I much prefer the slight rake and look with the rear spacer installed. Also, no spring compressor needed. Easy install, did it by myself in my tiny 1 car garage with jack stands and hand tools. If I had to do it all over again I'd probably do bilsteins up front and the 1.75 rear spacer.

sent via tapatalk

please throw up some pictures! very interested! and a side question. Does anyone know if anyone is selling there RC 1.75'' rear spacer only? cause i think ima go the belstien way

Last edited:

TNhemi12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
please throw up some pictures! very interested! and a side question. Does anyone know if anyone is selling there RC 1.75'' rear spacer only? cause i think ima go the belstien way

Top Gun Customz - Suspension Lifts

Top Gunz has a variety of sizes for rear spacers. Also, ajusa.com has the cheapest price on Bilstein 5100 I've seen, $97.26 each and free shipping.

OP
OP
zotes1500

zotes1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
what is the biggest spacer i can get for the rear with out messing stuff up dramatically. I was thinking of the 2 inch rear. they have as high as 2.5'' but that seems like it would throw a lot of stuff off. is this true?

my last truck i had (2010 f150) i had a 2.5 inch front level with a 3'' rear block. would i be able to do the bilstein shocks at the 2.8'' setting and get a 2.5inch rear spacer is that throwing the geometry of the truck too much off? i have been reading here and there of the "death wobble" what is that and would i get that?

Last edited:

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I don't know if you would get it but I HAD it on my wrangler with 6.5" of lift on 35's. I had read on it. I've felt slack in my steering and felt some wobble..Death wobble however was straight violent. Front end shaking almost capable of jerking the steering wheel out of your hands.

I aligned it myself and its gone and rides well. I assume it as something to do with the toe-in/toe-out of the front tires and that a proper alignment would prevent it. It felt like I'd hit a bump cause the tire to shake and that in turn would cause the other until it got crazy. The only vibration from rear height raised would be from putting to much angle on your u-joints/drive line and etc. No expert though, just what I've taken in from what I've tried to do in the past

VADER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the rear spacers.. I got the whole kit and just leveled the front. I really liked how it looked so I left it like that. Pretty sure I should be able to clear 35s now with the stock rims.. Anyone know for sure, or does anyone have pics?

OP
OP
zotes1500

zotes1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
what is the biggest spacer i can get for the rear with out messing stuff up dramatically. I was thinking of the 2 inch rear. they have as high as 2.5'' but that seems like it would throw a lot of stuff off. is this true?

my last truck i had (2010 f150) i had a 2.5 inch front level with a 3'' rear block. would i be able to do the bilstein shocks at the 2.8'' setting and get a 2.5inch rear spacer is that throwing the geometry of the truck too much off? i have been reading here and there of the "death wobble" what is that and would i get that?

anyone:banana-mario::banana-mario:

ultra2207

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It was dark and cloudy here today so this is the best I could do:

3anu7u3u.jpg

qyzaqany.jpg

y2abeder.jpg

mudateja.jpg

sent via tapatalk

hermit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Its a hard decision. I went with HBS 2" level w/ no rear. Had 1" rake, but actually lowered tailgate height. Not satisfied, went to TGC and got 1.5" rear spacer. Happy there, but made front look low. Just got done replacing 2" front level with 2.5" from HBS. Looks good I think 2" rake and nice ht. Gets lined up Monday. Do the rear spacers in my opinion.

Btw.. 2" HBS level kit for sale.. hardly used.. $40.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2