Leveled Amplified Road Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2k9ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Would everyone say that their Bilstein's are as quiet as the factory ride?

I set my Bilstein's to 2.1, fell in love with the look, but have noticed an amplified road noise on the more rough roads. I'm just curious if anyone else has noticed this or if its common.

Yes the washer is on the shaft BELOW the top plate, yes everything is torqued, yes the lock nut on top of the strut shaft is tight.

I love the look, and actually love the stiffer suspension, but the amplified road noise I am not a fan of. Quite honestly it sounds\feels like the strut nut is loose but its not, so I have no idea if its just normal level noise or if I have a bad strut or something along those lines.

Westwind1124a

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 ZR2Hd
Engine
6.6 Duramax
The only thing that got louder on mine was the wind noise at highway speeds. I'd say something isn't right...

OP
OP

2k9ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The only thing that got louder on mine was the wind noise at highway speeds. I'd say something isn't right...
Yeah it's strange. I just don't know what it could be. Highway driving I don't notice it it's the gravel roads, rough county highways, or crappy city streets where I notice it. The last thing left for me to try is new Bilsteins. Honestly it really seems\feels like that strut nut is not tight and there is some play there but I can't get it any tighter...

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

SirGeorgeKillian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Silly question, but did you get an alignment afterwards? Seems like if a tire wasn't sitting "square" with the road, it could cause some noise.

OP
OP

2k9ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Silly question, but did you get an alignment afterwards? Seems like if a tire wasn't sitting "square" with the road, it could cause some noise.

I did. I put a few miles on it again today. It almost seems like it has gotten a little bit better, but occasionally I still feel\hear something that doesn't seem quite right. Maybe it's just the stiffer ride and getting used to that. IDK...

Westwind1124a

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 ZR2Hd
Engine
6.6 Duramax
I was sure that I had a noise in my front end once, but it turned out that it was the trailer hitch bouncing up and down. Its a long shot, but thats the only other thing that I could think of...

OP
OP

2k9ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Local wrench is wondering if the lower strut bushing in the LCA is bad. Any idea how difficult these bushings are to replace? I wouldn't have an issue spending the money to replace them but we are kind of grasping at straws that this is the issue...