Leveled, wanting to lift questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Would it make a difference that I'm getting the nitro shocks? I was told they were better. I think I will do 6 in front and 3 in back.

Those will be the rears only, so your front will be factory stock, meaning you'll definitely want the Bilsteins to level it out.

As for gear ratio, you more than likely have the default factory crappy ones unless you asked for the upgrade. If you bought it used, it's definitely the crappy gearing since hardly anyone with upgraded axles/gears sells their truck very quickly. Look up what the options were for your year, make, model and realize it's something like 3.21 or possibly 3.55. You'll want something like 4.56 or 4.88 for 37" tires though. Replacing Themis costly and sometimes means buying new axles if stuff is welded solid. Hopefully you're lucky and just need ring and pinion, but still not cheap.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MissBehavior

MissBehavior

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Those will be the rears only, so your front will be factory stock, meaning you'll definitely want the Bilsteins to level it out.

As for gear ratio, you more than likely have the default factory crappy ones unless you asked for the upgrade. If you bought it used, it's definitely the crappy gearing since hardly anyone with upgraded axles/gears sells their truck very quickly. Look up what the options were for your year, make, model and realize it's something like 3.21 or possibly 3.55. You'll want something like 4.55 or 4.96 for 37" tires though. Replacing Themis costly and sometimes means buying new axles if stuff is welded solid. Hopefully you're lucky and just need ring and pinion, but still not cheap.

Great thanks, here are the bilsteins available- which would be best?? I would really like to go higher than 6 inches if its possible. But I want to stay with Zones suspension lift. https://www.realtruck.com/bilstein/ram/truck-1500/2011/
edit- also do you think its better to have the nitro shocks?? i heard they last longer

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You want the top ones, the 5100 adjustables.

I've always taken the approach that buying the best set up offered is the right route, so I'd go nitros.

PS my gearing info was all off...should have read 4.56 or 4.88

Last edited: