Leveling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I seen a leveling kit for my truck on Rough Country that involves compressing the spring and adding a spacer. I also found a ReadyLIFT kit that is simply a strut extender, just bolts on top of the strut.

What I'm wondering is if anyone has any experience with either kit? To me the ReadyLIFT seems like a better option to maintain a smoother ride and it's much easier to install, am I wrong?

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I haven't had a 1500 in years, but on my 2006 TRX4 I did the spacer and never had an issue. I put 90K miles on it. Just get your alignment done after on each one.

Elydafly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 4.7
If I were to choose between both of them? I would choose the one that bolts on, just make sure you dont tighten it too tight. But I believe the best option would to get a bigger spring in general if you could.

Scgirardi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check out hell bent steel. Best spacers imo

OP
OP
matthewharrison
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I were to choose between both of them? I would choose the one that bolts on, just make sure you dont tighten it too tight. But I believe the best option would to get a bigger spring in general if you could.

I think I'd rather that one too because it's not going to overextend the shock & it seems much easier to do

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What year/config truck is this going on?

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wouldn't do the one that compresses the spring only because it will make the truck ride stiffer, unless you want it to. either option I would suggest getting an alignment after the install

OP
OP
matthewharrison
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wouldn't do the one that compresses the spring only because it will make the truck ride stiffer, unless you want it to. either option I would suggest getting an alignment after the install

Yeah a guy from work did that one on his truck and that was the complaint I heard from him. The alignment was never out of the question for me, I'm a heavy duty mechanic and I understand how it's going to effect the geometry of things, even if only slightly.