Leveling 4x4 V6 question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tegspeed813

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6VVT
I have a 2014 crew big horn v6 4x4 and I have been looking at the many 2.5" leveling spacers that sit on to of the strut. BUT I did this in my old Tacoma with only a 1.5" spacer and it threw my toe of the front tires WAY off and I had to get control arms. It didn't shake or need an alignment but it wore the tires super quick before I got the control arms on.

So my question is if I do put on , let say the 2.5" rough country leveling spacers, will it effect the toe? If not I know its recommended but is an alignment necessary?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The Tuff Country 2" level kit has a shock relocation bracket on it that will help maintain shock and suspension geometry. You might want to look into that one.

I've had three trucks equipped with that kit and the alignment was checked but not significantly changed after installation and I never had a tire wear problem with them on.

OP
OP
Tegspeed813

Tegspeed813

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6VVT
The Tuff Country 2" level kit has a shock relocation bracket on it that will help maintain shock and suspension geometry. You might want to look into that one.

I've had three trucks equipped with that kit and the alignment was checked but not significantly changed after installation and I never had a tire wear problem with them on.
If I read their website correctly then their leveling kit and it says excluding rebel, mega cab, and v6 models...

Are the v6 models suspension/struts set up different?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Tegspeed813

Tegspeed813

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6VVT
Can anyone speak on this? Are there differences between the v8 4x4 and v6 4x4 front suspensions?

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can anyone speak on this? Are there differences between the v8 4x4 and v6 4x4 front suspensions?

I know the Bilstein struts are the same for V8 or V6. I'm pretty sure the rest of the suspension is the same.