Leveling Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tawag

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have a 2017 Ram 1500 Crew. I want to lift the front so it is level with a leveling kit. Will this destroy anything in the front end? Will it effect the ride?
Will it effect the warranty. My first RAM and I love it so far.

Thanks

Robocop_9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There are a ton of threads on this. Depends what you use. Bilsteins are the go to. Everyone uses them and loves them. I used a spacer and changed my upper control arms. Ram has issues with ball joints pushing out. While it's torn apart it's best to just upgrade them. Will not affect warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jschwanke84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As Robocop said, plenty of threads and different opinions and options for leveling your Ram. A lot of guys like Bilsteins and act like installing a spacer kit will destroy everything in your front end. Others (like myself) bout a spacer leveling kit for less than $100 and have never had a single issue while putting thousands of miles on it. Either way, you won't lose your warranty. Just do some research and decide which route you want to go. I have no doubt that Bilsteins are better, but you will also spend significantly more money. After doing my own research and seeking out multiple opinions I decided to go with a spacer kit and have zero regrets. Great value, ride is great, no side effects, and achieved the look/functionality I wanted.

Ravjay12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bilsteins! Don’t use puck spacers. Our trucks weren’t built to handle those.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Huh. I've never had a bit of problems with my pucks. Even have them in the Wrangler. No problems there either.......

RaftingDave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Post back what you decide to do, Tawag ? I have a '17 Big Horn Quad and I'm looking at a front end lift also.

My local 4x4 shop insists I do a Zone 2" with UCA's, instead of spacers (which I did on my '07 TRX.)

Just wish I knew more about this stuff. :(

Robn1nm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I bought my 2015 Ram used and it was leveled with 2" spacers. When I started looking into the suspension I checked the ball joints and they we're all shot. I had to replace the upper control arms with ball joints, lower ball joints and tie rod ends. All the ball joints we're flopping around, the upper ball joints we're leaking grease. I replaced them all in a day in my garage with the billsteins. My suspension feels better with everything being replaced. In my opinion either will make your wheel geometry different. Read a bunch before proceeding.

Everything I did was after reading posts on this forum. These guys know their stuff and saved me a bunch of money by being able to read how to do it on my own. I have a maintenance background but never replaced shocks or suspension like this. Was great to be able to do so.

roadrnnr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have had Hell Bent Steel 2" spacers on my front for 30K miles with no issues except I had to recently replace one tie rod end. Ball joints still tight

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let me make this simple...
Measure the difference in height on the rear wheel well and the front wheel well. If it is more than 2” than a 2” leveling puck won’t get you level, so that will end the debate right there.

Danny Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
a level kit shouldn’t affect anything up front and also won’t hurt your warranty

FlaSeadude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi