Leveling Kit Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buysellrentpro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi,

I am a new Ram owner and also new to this forum. I have used forums for my previous vehicles and I feel they are the best way to do research on what your are looking for. Anyways, I have a 2017 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 2wd and am trying to find a reliable leveling kit for it. I have found one on FourWheelParts website but the kit is almost $300 which sounds high to me. I have bought leveling kits in the past and none have been over the $200 mark. Does anyone have any recommendations for my truck as far as a leveling kit goes? I appreciate any suggestions!

pgr1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The 1500 has issues with lifting the front and the ball joints and it is recommended to upgrade to your upper control arms to prevent the ball joints from popping out.

In regards to a leveling kit, if you're going to do it right and upgrade the control arms id recommend spending the money and just buying adjustable shocks instead of the leveling spacers. The spacers will put strain on all your suspension components and in the long run isn't necessarily good for the truck. I had a leveling kit and ended up removing it and installing the adjustable Bilstein 6112's in the front.

For the rear, spacers are fine I have 1" and fox 2.0 shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The 1500 has issues with lifting the front and the ball joints and it is recommended to upgrade to your upper control arms to prevent the ball joints from popping out.

In regards to a leveling kit, if you're going to do it right and upgrade the control arms id recommend spending the money and just buying adjustable shocks instead of the leveling spacers. The spacers will put strain on all your suspension components and in the long run isn't necessarily good for the truck. I had a leveling kit and ended up removing it and installing the adjustable Bilstein 6112's in the front.

For the rear, spacers are fine I have 1" and fox 2.0 shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has a 2WD truck not a 4WD truck.....

link: http://www.ramforum.com/f40/leveling_kit_advice_needed-105318/

or search "2WD leveling" for lots of other threads on the subject.

Last edited: