Leveling Kit Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gregbj33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Guys,
So here's the scoop. Last Friday I had a rough country 2.5" leveling kit installed by a guy who has done like 20 plus leveling/lift kits. He followed install directions and had no problems with it. Drove home about 12 miles away and parked it for the night. The next morning I go out and there is a good sized mark on pavement of fluid under front of truck. Immediately called the guy and ran it down and he looked it over and really couldn't tell what it was, possibly fluid from shock but couldn't see how. Kept an eye on it over the weekend and saw more leakage but not a lot. Took it on Monday for an alignment and they said both struts were leaking and could be shot. I called rough country and they said first they ever heard anything like that and should be warranty and that the kit would not void it. So I called dealership and have an appt on Wednesday. They also said couldn't see how a leveling kit would do anything like that, but the claim would have to be approved by Chrysler before he would know for sure. Any ideas/help with this and please don't respond with a Bilstein comment, lol. Although if it isn't covered by warranty I may have to go that route anyways and lose out on the $60 kit. Thanks in advance!!

OP
OP
Gregbj33

Gregbj33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finally had some free time to post an update. So about a week after i posted this I took truck to dealership and sure enough, struts were replaced under warranty. Spacers had nothing to do with the struts leaking. Also noticed that even though it was a 2.5" leveling spacer(2 piece), I still have a rake of around 5/8" which, 1) like the look and if i do laid anything it won't look weird, and 2) maybe Im safe with the whole don't go over 2" lift.

Attachments

• Photo Apr 13, 12 28 46 PM.jpg
    Photo Apr 13, 12 28 46 PM.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 95

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Looks good!!

SportyJames

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
FWIW, my passenger side strut started leaking at 1000 miles. Replaced under warranty.