Leveling Kit Lift Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

15bigblue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.4 Hemi
Hey everyone,
Things have finally settled down and i had a chance to order a leveling kit and tires for my 2015 Express (BigBlue). The only thing i am worried about is the ridiculously low garage i have at work. I dont think it will be an issue but I have had this argument with my buddy and need a tie breaker. When i install the level kit (2") is it going to change the overall or minimum height of the truck? I searched and did not find a helpful thread. Any thoughts and pics will be appreciated. for reference i ordered Nitto Trail Grappler tires :happy107:

tourenwagen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The leveling kit itself wont change the overall height that much since the truck basically just pivots on the rear axle. The big difference is the wheel/tire combo... that will bring you up a couple inches.

dhambyst121

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone,
Things have finally settled down and i had a chance to order a leveling kit and tires for my 2015 Express (BigBlue). The only thing i am worried about is the ridiculously low garage i have at work. I dont think it will be an issue but I have had this argument with my buddy and need a tie breaker. When i install the level kit (2") is it going to change the overall or minimum height of the truck? I searched and did not find a helpful thread. Any thoughts and pics will be appreciated. for reference i ordered Nitto Trail Grappler tires :happy107:
The level actually lifts the front end up and removes the rake (forward leaning stance). A 2 inch level kit will raise the roof maybe a half inch. Changing wheels and tires will also raise the overall height if you go larger than stock.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yep yep !
As stated above the 2" level likely will only be 1/2" maybe 3/4" hell let's just say + 5/8" to the highest point on the cab .

The wheel & tire package you go with can be determined like this .

Your overall well & tire hight as stock should be approximately 32" , let's just say 32 " here for easy math , it's important to realize half of that is above the center of the hub and 1/2 is below the center of the hub ...

So let's say your new overall wheel & tire hight is 35" , the difference from the stock hight is 3" , remember 1/2 of that is above & 1/2 is below the center of the hub , with this in consideration the 3" larger wheel & tire combo lifts your truck 1/2 of the 3" so 1.5" of lift from the tires and 5/8" from the 2" level .

A total cab highth increase of approximately 2 1/8" can be expected in this cenario.

The 1.5" lift from the wheel & tire combo is uniform and absolute due to this lift being on all four corners evenly.

Hope this helps !

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rammedic9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would be more worried about the size tires you plan to run

Soulless1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Little late to the party here, but I went with the 2.5" leveling kit which brought the front up 2" and the back "down" .5" and can still get into my garage on stock tires.

Here is a comparison of stock on the right vs leveled on the left to give you an idea of height difference

Attachments

• IMG_0916.jpg
    IMG_0916.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 30

RamAz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Little late to the party here, but I went with the 2.5" leveling kit which brought the front up 2" and the back "down" .5" and can still get into my garage on stock tires.

Here is a comparison of stock on the right vs leveled on the left to give you an idea of height difference

What size tires on the leveled one in the picture?