Leveling Kit Noise When Turning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexRamMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 601
'14 Ram 2500, Quad Cab.

Had a Rough Country 2.5" leveling kit installed just about 3 months ago. Started hearing a knocking/rattling noise from the front right side while making left turns or going over speedbumps or potholes about a month later. Just picked my truck up from Dodge for the track bar recall and the tech told me that the noise was due to the leveling kit rubbing the strut on the rightt front. I can't see any contact marks or anywhere that looks like anything has been rubbing. The kit came with the shock relocation brackets, but I'm wondering if the shocks need to be replaced with longer ones? Track bar was replaced and everything is torqued down as it should be. Any ideas on what the noise could be? Anyone else have this issue?

Any and all ideas are appreciated. The noise is driving me nuts. Sounds like pebbles rattling around inside the plastic lug cover, or at least that is the closest I can describe it.

Juvenator93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have 5k miles on my RCX 2.5 on my 15' 2500. I never noticed any rattling noises? Does your look like this?a9c8499ca3866ff849314352189f341d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intense-Dakota

Landscape and Nature Photographer
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
'14 Ram 2500, Quad Cab.

Had a Rough Country 2.5" leveling kit installed just about 3 months ago. Started hearing a knocking/rattling noise from the front right side while making left turns or going over speedbumps or potholes about a month later. Just picked my truck up from Dodge for the track bar recall and the tech told me that the noise was due to the leveling kit rubbing the strut on the rightt front. I can't see any contact marks or anywhere that looks like anything has been rubbing. The kit came with the shock relocation brackets, but I'm wondering if the shocks need to be replaced with longer ones? Track bar was replaced and everything is torqued down as it should be. Any ideas on what the noise could be? Anyone else have this issue?

Any and all ideas are appreciated. The noise is driving me nuts. Sounds like pebbles rattling around inside the plastic lug cover, or at least that is the closest I can describe it.

Did you ever figure this out? I have a Rough Country track bar on my 2014 RAM 2500 also, except with the Bilstein 5112 leveling springs and shocks. I get a clunk/creak noise on hard turns (especially if there is a bump on the turn). I am thinking it is the track bar, though I have torqued it as much as humanly possible both by hand with a 2' breaker bar and an impact.