leveling kit question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Unit_91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
which kit are you running? I like the look especially since mine is 2wd rcsb id rather lift then drop the rear after much thought.

I'm running the Traxda 2" front level kit. They ran me about 110 and then 150 for the install and alignment.

Unit_91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
nice truck i have a 2014 big horn cc same color and plan on puttng spacers or rancho coil over leveling kit what rims and tires do you plan on putting on if any

Lol tough question. I do know when I get the the money I'm planning on going with some American Force wheels, probably 20 by 12 or 22 by 12. For tires I'm not sure. Somewhere between 35 and 37.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2wd
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i plan on putting a leveling kit and rims and tires but bc it is a 2wd i dont plan on going offroad and i am not sure if i want chrome or black just though i would ask
Lol tough question. I do know when I get the the money I'm planning on going with some American Force wheels, probably 20 by 12 or 22 by 12. For tires I'm not sure. Somewhere between 35 and 37.

Unit_91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i plan on putting a leveling kit and rims and tires but bc it is a 2wd i dont plan on going offroad and i am not sure if i want chrome or black just though i would ask

I feel you on that. Mine being a 2wd also we are limited lol. I have no where to off-road anyways. I would rarely use a 4wd. Didn't find it a concern just to pay more on insurance and more msrp for something that won't be used. I want black rims too just for the looks and the **** they are easyier to keep clean, but with the chrome that came on my truck I think it's better if I go with chrome wheels.

Unit_91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New to leveling kits here. I have a 2010 5.7 4x4 and I just want it to level out. "Spacers" the cheapest and easiest to install? I've seen some 2" and 2.5" leveling kits on ebay for $50-$60.

This one any good?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DODGE-RAM-1500-2-5-LEVELING-LIFT-KIT-4WD-06-14-DR2-5T-/121253743325

All depends on how you feel about it. You could take the maker of the kit and cross reference it to the actual company to confirm fitment. Then buy for cheaper on eBay.

mge_1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All depends on how you feel about it. You could take the maker of the kit and cross reference it to the actual company to confirm fitment. Then buy for cheaper on eBay.

Gotcha. Now debating if I should go 2" or 2.5".

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't cheap out on spacers. Go with a reputable company that has the R&D to guarantee exact fit and lift height. Couple bucks more goes a long way on a expensive truck

Unit_91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gotcha. Now debating if I should go 2" or 2.5".

All I could find in the steel spacers for my truck were in the 2". The only 2.5" spacers were available in urethane, so I called rough country and asked them about their product. They asked me to think of how long it would be on my truck. The reason being is that the urethane ones tend to deteriorate after time. They get packed down and after a couple years will become 2" spacers. Idk how true this is but I took his work since he was talking about his own companies product. I figured mine would only be on there until I could afford a full lift kit, but on the plus side I could easily sell them after I'm done with them as well. You could always resort to a measuring tape or a park on a curb or some wood of the desired height, step back and take a look.

mge_1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All I could find in the steel spacers for my truck were in the 2". The only 2.5" spacers were available in urethane, so I called rough country and asked them about their product. They asked me to think of how long it would be on my truck. The reason being is that the urethane ones tend to deteriorate after time. They get packed down and after a couple years will become 2" spacers. Idk how true this is but I took his work since he was talking about his own companies product. I figured mine would only be on there until I could afford a full lift kit, but on the plus side I could easily sell them after I'm done with them as well. You could always resort to a measuring tape or a park on a curb or some wood of the desired height, step back and take a look.

I'm in the same boat. Thanks for the info!

Searay245se

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon Laramie
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I was reading about the spacers and read the steel welded ones end up cracking.I was wondering if anyone has uses the billet ones and which anyone thought was better?

Unit_91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was reading about the spacers and read the steel welded ones end up cracking.I was wondering if anyone has uses the billet ones and which anyone thought was better?

I have steel ones and have no issues at all. The reason I purchased the steel ones was because I called rough country and they said that the steel ones last the longest. The urethane ones deteriorate after some time. 2.5" will become 2" after some time and wear. And that was a salesperson from their company telling me this. He told me to take into consideration how long it will be on the vehicle. And if you ever plan on going higher with a lift later one, which I do, you could sell the steel ones faster than the urethane ones.

Koko

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
uploadfromtaptalk1392076555390.jpg

Here's mine with a 2.5" level the day I picked it up from the dealer. It looked nose high imo even though it measured level. I added a 3/4" rear spacer and new Nittos one size over stock. My mileage is horrendous. I'm getting 10mpg city in the winter. (I should note I have a less than perfect 2.2 mile drive to work on back roads with hills.) On the highway I get 16.5mpg. After 7100 miles my average is 12.2 mpg per the tripmeter in my truck. I also have 6spd auto with 3.55.

Last edited:

mge_1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
View attachment 22123

Here's mine with a 2.5" level the day I picked it up from the dealer. It looked nose high imo even though it measured level. I added a 3/4" rear spacer and new Nittos one size over stock. My mileage is horrendous. I'm getting 10mpg city in the winter. (I should note I have a less than perfect 2.2 mile drive to work on back roads with hills.) On the highway I get 16.5mpg. After 7100 miles my average is 12.2 mpg per the tripmeter in my truck. I also have 6spd auto with 3.55.

Thanks for this pic. I might go with the 2" vs 2.5"

Koko

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You're welcome. IMO the 2" is the right choice. My dealer installed this so I didnt have much of a choice.

mge_1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Most likely will go with these 2" billet aluminum from Ebay. Will give it a try. $45 shipped.

TiLD3EC.png

Pburg375

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I dropped 3 MPG with a front level and 33x12.5 togo open country Mts. No spacers needed.

Attachments

• IMAG0071.jpg
    IMAG0071.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 227