leveling parts with zone & bills

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemi Hunter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finally got my zone upper arms and bilstein adjustables. I'm asking for input in regard to either using these parts on the 2.1 setting and be done, or is it better to perhaps set them at max and add a 3/4 rear spacer to get the leveled look? I just want others thoughts on the best way to utilize these parts. Also am adding the airlift bags for trailer duty. I'd like to hear from other members with there bils set at max regarding vibration or any shaking n such if it is much of an issue. Any input would be appreciated.

scubasteege

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have mine set at 2.1 and have not felt any vibration in 4x4. I still have about 3/4 inch of rake but it looks level to me.

Attachments

• IMG_1395.jpg
    IMG_1395.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 241

lokal907ryder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i have mine set @2.1 with the ZONE UCA's and it sits pretty good. im running 33x12.50 on stock rims. i want to add 1.5" BL and 35's

Attachments

• IMG_0622[1].jpg
    IMG_0622[1].jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0621[1].jpg
    IMG_0621[1].jpg
    98 KB · Views: 73
OP
OP
Hemi Hunter

Hemi Hunter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I have noticed most seem to do the 2.1 setting. I'll most likely go that route. Adding a 1.5 body lift someday might be a good look later on. Damn I like that blue color a lot lokal.

scottyram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Exact setup I would be running if my 5100s would finally come in, I've been waiting on them for 5 weeks now :(

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finally got my zone upper arms and bilstein adjustables. I'm asking for input in regard to either using these parts on the 2.1 setting and be done, or is it better to perhaps set them at max and add a 3/4 rear spacer to get the leveled look? I just want others thoughts on the best way to utilize these parts. Also am adding the airlift bags for trailer duty. I'd like to hear from other members with there bils set at max regarding vibration or any shaking n such if it is much of an issue. Any input would be appreciated.

I felt very slight vibration at 2.1, but I'm **** about these things. No one else felt it though.
But 1.4 and 2.1 are good settings in my honest opinion. Plus the lower you set them, the better your truck rides.

I have mine set to 1.4 on my 6" lift and there was a noticeable difference in ride going down from 2.1
2.75 felt 'rough' for my liking and from 5-10 miles there was a vibration feeling.

But remember Bilsteins/leveling kits react differently on all trucks.

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i want a cummins in electric blue... I hate black anymore. :****sweak:

Can't wait to rid of my black which is fairly soon. I feel your pain.
Best looking thing clean, but an hour later it has dust on it.

TX-RAM-MAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI 4X4 Sport
Has anyone installed front and rear bilsteins? I've been searching but can only find info on people putting front only with a UCA. I was wondering if set them to 2.1 in the front. Then added the rear bilsteins. Would the rear still stay at factory height or make more rake?

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone installed front and rear bilsteins? I've been searching but can only find info on people putting front only with a UCA. I was wondering if set them to 2.1 in the front. Then added the rear bilsteins. Would the rear still stay at factory height or make more rake?

Rear Bilsteins do not lift the truck, however, they do allow for an additional of 1" lift via coil spacer.
But the rears do not adjust like the fronts

TX-RAM-MAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI 4X4 Sport
So in theory I would be able to set the front at 2.8 and add a 1" spacer, and then add the rear bilsteins and it would still be level? Just checking. I really only want the front to be on the 2.1 setting, but also want to change out the rear. So as long as it will still sit good I'm gonna order them today.

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So in theory I would be able to set the front at 2.8 and add a 1" spacer, and then add the rear bilsteins and it would still be level? Just checking. I really only want the front to be on the 2.1 setting, but also want to change out the rear. So as long as it will still sit good I'm gonna order them today.

Typically 2.75 will level or nearly level many of our rams if have the avg rake or 2.75-3"
The 1" rear coil spacer goes on the rear.
Many will add, if they want to add some rake back from towing reasons, loading weight in their bed or simply just wanting rake but overall, wanted to get their ram higher off the ground.

Based on your comments, do the 2.1 and rear bilsteins and don't add a rear coil spacer. You will eliminate a lot of your present rake, but still have some.

I personally like the 2.1 setting myself.
Too level of a ram appears nose high when parked on uneven ground.

TX-RAM-MAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI 4X4 Sport
Awesome! Thanks for the help. Gonna order front and rear today! Also getting the UCA from your site!

DisturbedGator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I did a similar setup to this on my 11. I went with a .75 spacer in the rear with the bils set at 2.8. Than added the 1.25 BL on top and truck looked awesome (actually still my sig pic). However I did have a pretty good vibration in 4wd. On this 14 I plan on 2.1 and just a 1.25 BL. Unless my new business takes off than Ill spring for a 4" lift and call it a day.

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did a similar setup to this on my 11. I went with a .75 spacer in the rear with the bils set at 2.8. Than added the 1.25 BL on top and truck looked awesome (actually still my sig pic). However I did have a pretty good vibration in 4wd. On this 14 I plan on 2.1 and just a 1.25 BL. Unless my new business takes off than Ill spring for a 4" lift and call it a day.

You had some great DIY threads.
As for your new truck the RCX 1.25 doesn't work. But you have the 1.5 Zone option.