Lift ?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XtremeAbuse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
any decent company make 8in+ lifts for 2015 ram 1500

Attachments

• 20151001_085655.jpg
    20151001_085655.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 108

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
any decent company make 8in+ lifts for 2015 ram 1500

Zone offroad makes one, Superlift makes one, procomp makes one, fabtech makes one.. literally almost everyone makes one.

OP
OP
X

XtremeAbuse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All the company's seem to only go up to 6in
I'm looking for a 12in lift

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
All the company's seem to only go up to 6in
I'm looking for a 12in lift

Those i listed all have 8in lifts available. 12 inches is not something you can just " purchase " as a kit, because it's far to high. Their is no benefit to a lift that high, and more importantly, on a 1500 it's just goofy / silly.

However, if that's what you want, it's doable. You need to do an 8INCH suspension lift, then a 4 inch body lift.

That'll net you what you want.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
..... on a 1500 it's just goofy / silly.

.....You need to do an 8INCH suspension lift, then a 4 inch body.

Learn something new everyday. I wasn't aware any company made over a 6" suspension OR body lift over 3".....but I also hadn't really looked.

Agree, over 8-9" on a 1500 looks weird...IMO.

jljbtm

Reaction score
What all is involved lifting a 1500? Longer shocks etc.?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's for a mud truck

It really wont' matter, in fact, that's even worse. You'll want something custom fabricated. Those trucks you see with 12 - 16" lifts are usually custom jobs. you can lift the suspension with a traditional offroad 6" , or 8" lift, but adding a 3" body space on an 8" lift is risky business.

More over you're going to be hard pressed to find a truck that's going to last with a 8" lift, and a 3" body spacer, your angles will be ****, your axles will likely snap at bearing, etc. The list is endless of reasons why you shoudln't use a pre fabbed system for this. Go to a shop, get it done right, and have something made.

to reiterate what I said earlier, the 8" lifts don't exist or 4th gens, but since you're looking at a mud truck, I assume it's older. If it's NOT, you'll want a 6" with a spacer, then a body lift, also known as a budget lift. You'll need new shocks, obviously, control arms, knuckles, etc.

If you want to do it on a 4th gen, without going custom you're really only going to get a total of 10-11", that's just the way it works. Check out BDS 6" lifts, grab a small spacer, then check out the BDS budget lifts ( body lift ), for an additional 2 - 3".

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What all is involved lifting a 1500? Longer shocks etc.?

Depends on how you lift it. Many people put on a 4" lift and modify nothing, those people usually end up with broken parts, but not always, depends on how you use it.

If you want a full suspension lift, done properly, you'll want to replace some parts. For instance, I replaced :

knuckles, crossmember brackets, swaybars / swaybar links, Driveline spacer, Break lines, shocks front, and rear, the actual lift brackets, Front diff drop brackets, rear diff drop brackets, diff plate brackets ( front and rear ), cam block off plates, compression struts, compression strut mounts, spare tire spacer, and both skid plates, coil spacers all around, brak line DROP spacer ( in addition to a newer, longer break line for front, and back ), preload spacers, and new shocks, all around.

You can of course do without almost all of that... however, I actually go offroad, and use the truck for what i want, so it was pretty important to me. With a 4" lift, you can get away with just your spacers if you want to have the appearance without much functionality.

OP
OP
X

XtremeAbuse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I fabbed 20in on 2014 just don't feel like making one again just thought I could find one pre made. Guess I'll just 4 link and cradle this one 2 didn't really want to again. Looks like I have no choice

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Learn something new everyday. I wasn't aware any company made over a 6" suspension OR body lift over 3".....but I also hadn't really looked.

Agree, over 8-9" on a 1500 looks weird...IMO.

They don't, at least, not on 4th gens. I THINK procomp has a kit you can buy for an outrageous amount of money, and requires a third party to get it ordered, though, the shop has to fab many of the parts. If i'm not mistaken, the 6" stage 2 kit allows for additional lift.

However......... while unorthodox, if you get a 6" lift, and place rite rite coil bags on the back, and set your preload on your coilovers (with fox shocks) air it up to 65PSI, you can achieve a 7.5 inch lift. I did this by mistake, the airbags don't actually lift the truck, but with no weight in them, they decompress the springs so much that it raises the ride height of the truck. It's neat when you have on board air, I can lift, and lower my 6" truck by almost 2 inches with a switch in the cabin. It's neat, but serves no real purpose. I'm perfectly level at about 7.5 / 7.25 inches in the front and the back. you have to get out of the truk to lower the front, so it's not a true " air " system, but it's kinda neat, none theless.

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I fabbed 20in on 2014 just don't feel like making one again just thought I could find one pre made. Guess I'll just 4 link and cradle this one 2 didn't really want to again. Looks like I have no choice

You really don't, sorry :( For what it's worth though, without a proper fabbed kit, you're going to lose your coil overs in front with heavy flex, been their, done that, won't ever over extend again with a pre-made kit.

jljbtm

Reaction score
I thought for sure you would need longer shocks and maybe end links for the sway bars