Lift help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irishfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
Hemi
I'm going to stick w the stock size tires and wheels on my 2014 sport. New tires soon but same size. With that in mind, I only really want to lift it 2-3 inches. I'm more hoping to get that little height but mainly to make my 75 mile daily drive a smoother one. I know very little about this, have been trying to research and research locally where to do it. Price is not that much of an issue. But I don't know really what is a lot to spend on something like this. Few grand?

H3MI UP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You could do a leveling kit to get you 2" but not sure your ride will change. If anything it will stay the same or worst.

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have a 2x4 or 4x4? If its 4wd, look at getting bilstein adj shocks for front, and maybe run a .75-1" spacer in the rear. Zone sells a 3.5 combo lift kit, might be worth looking into. From there, 4" full suspension. I know nothing about the 2wd, so I'll let someone else cover that one.

Scgirardi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Put bilsteins on and set at 2.1 inches stock tires will look fine

OP
OP
I

Irishfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
Hemi
Thanks for the replies. It is a 4x4

In regard to bilsteins. They seem to be a very popular choice around here. Is there something that makes the ride better than these? Only asking as I imagine there must be

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the replies. It is a 4x4

In regard to bilsteins. They seem to be a very popular choice around here. Is there something that makes the ride better than these? Only asking as I imagine there must be

Yes, tons of shock options. Money being your only factor. Fox, king, icon. Most guys just go with bilsteins as they are cheaper and are a btter ride than factory.

mpittman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, tons of shock options. Money being your only factor. Fox, king, icon. Most guys just go with bilsteins as they are cheaper and are a btter ride than factory.

Yes Bilsteins are better ride than stock... they get the most support around here. $200 or so for the set. You could use them to raise your truck 2" - 3" as they are adjustable up to 2.8". If you want to keep a little bit of rake, you can raise the rear with a 1" spacer.

I have a full 4" BDS suspension lift on mine, and the ride is as good or better than stock.

Scgirardi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
its personal preference in regards to being "better" then stock. Bils are a firmer ride. Not by a lot but they are. So your ride won't feel like a 80's Cadillac floating over everything.

Scgirardi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd also not set your bils to 2.8. You having a 2014 your just asking for ball joint failure. Anymore then 2.1 get a set of uniball uca's. 2013+ models changed there uca's for the worse.