Lift kit, Leveling kit or body lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grad12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6 3.6
I'm interested in giving a meaner lifted look to the truck. I've searched this forum a hundred times and can find info on bils, rough country level and big lift kits. I'm worried about the trucks overall life and whether the bolts and joints hold up with these.

My question, what about a body lift? What is the pottential for damage? Warranty? What does it look like on factory shocks? Is it hard to install?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I don't think you can have tow hooks with a body lift, and it provides 0 practicality other than wheel well clearance for larger tires.

Bigger tires will get you some under axle clearance, and get you a little higher, so will a suspension lift, but with any of the above options you will have to change the mileage in your signature! LOL

chipmaker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
With all those worries, you better stay stock.

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
This was my old truck on a 2.5" level and 3" body lift. As stated before it really doesn't serve much of a purpose other than bigger tires. Kinda rode rough off road, but it was mainly a pavement princess so it was all good. My new one I'll do an actual suspension lift because I want to use it more offroad!
DSCN1060_zps03b61a5c.jpg

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Here's my 2014. I did a 2.5" front level, 1.5 " rear level and 3" body lift. Basically a 5" lift. I did thr body lift because I don't Offroad, occasionally into a field but nothing major. Didn't need the suspention lift for an extra $1000-1300! It looks the same with the exception of the tailpipes being lower and seeing more of the engine in thr front wheel wells. I love it! Got the lift I wanted and paid and lot less! If you aren't going to Offroad much than there's really no sense in spending the extra money. But you know what they say, different strokes for different folks! Lol

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414171473352.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414171473352.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 10,168
  • uploadfromtaptalk1414171529755.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414171529755.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 2,520
OP
OP
G

Grad12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6 3.6
Here's my 2014. I did a 2.5" front level, 1.5 " rear level and 3" body lift. Basically a 5" lift. I did thr body lift because I don't Offroad, occasionally into a field but nothing major. Didn't need the suspention lift for an extra $1000-1300! It looks the same with the exception of the tailpipes being lower and seeing more of the engine in thr front wheel wells. I love it! Got the lift I wanted and paid and lot less! If you aren't going to Offroad much than there's really no sense in spending the extra money. But you know what they say, different strokes for different folks! Lol

That lift looks unreal. Thanks for the info. I'vegotta start somewhere, so I'm really considering the 2.5 front and 1.5 back. Stock just sits so low and too much rake.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
That lift looks unreal. Thanks for the info. I'vegotta start somewhere, so I'm really considering the 2.5 front and 1.5 back. Stock just sits so low and too much rake.
Thanks man! Yeah the 2.5 front and 1.5 rear pretty much levels it right out! There's still about a half inch of rake (on mine at least) but I don't mind because it doesn't squat as much when I'm towing! Lol

OP
OP
G

Grad12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6 3.6
Thanks man! Yeah the 2.5 front and 1.5 rear pretty much levels it right out! There's still about a half inch of rake (on mine at least) but I don't mind because it doesn't squat as much when I'm towing! Lol

What size of rims/tires do you have on your truck? It's subtle and really clean looking, but the lift makes it look aggresive. To me, it looks like a 2500, which is the look I'm going for. You did a nice job.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
What size of rims/tires do you have on your truck? It's subtle and really clean looking, but the lift makes it look aggresive. To me, it looks like a 2500, which is the look I'm going for. You did a nice job.

I'm just running 20" stock wheels and tires! Glad you like it man!

Calegg11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

what 2.5 level did you use and have you had any UCA problems.

Also suspension obviously voids warranty but does a body lift.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
what 2.5 level did you use and have you had any UCA problems.

Also suspension obviously voids warranty but does a body lift.
I actually used a 2", must have typo'd when I wrote 2.5. I'm not sure what was put in. Either a ready lift or a custom one made by a local place! I'm not sure what a body lift would do to warranty actually, I've never asked lol!

I switched to Mevotech UCA'S when I did the lift and they've been great!

Calegg11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cool thanks. wasn't worried about it on the 3/4 but the 1500 doesn't even have 3500 miles on it yet plus the dealer where I used to live loved the look of the truck, live in Dallas now and not to many "good ole boy" dealers around