Lift kit question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

echelon300

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am looking to get into lifted truck and i heard there is good and bad lift kits on the market, what should i ask dealer/seller about lift ?
i found nice looking 2012- 2500 Ram lifted on 6" asked dealer what lift is is it on and they didnt give me clear answer on that saying " its after market 6"...
any suggestion how not to get into ****** lift ?
Thanks !

mpittman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Go with Zone or BDS, and you'll be ok. And what he said ^^^^^ Stay away from Rough Country. You'll hear several people say it's ok, but it's cheap. Good lifts aren't cheap, and cheap lifts aren't good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also tuff country is junk too. The kit doesn't even drop the differential

That's fine and dandy. But he's looking at a 2500. Totally different suspension than a 1500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marciel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Most lifts cheap or expensive have their name all over the product so just look closely at it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

jarzo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am looking to get into lifted truck and i heard there is good and bad lift kits on the market, what should i ask dealer/seller about lift ?
i found nice looking 2012- 2500 Ram lifted on 6" asked dealer what lift is is it on and they didnt give me clear answer on that saying " its after market 6"...
any suggestion how not to get into ****** lift ?
Thanks !

Another option...purchase a stock 2500 and then purchase a Zone or BDS lift. Install it yourself or have a shop do it. At least you'll know it was done correctly, and the quality of the hardware.

I just don't trust modified trucks/cars that the salesperson knows nothing about. Of course there are exceptions, but my approach avoids issues. :)

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Another option...purchase a stock 2500 and then purchase a Zone or BDS lift. Install it yourself or have a shop do it. At least you'll know it was done correctly, and the quality of the hardware.

I just don't trust modified trucks/cars that the salesperson knows nothing about. Of course there are exceptions, but my approach avoids issues. :)

Good point. Prior to my Ram I had a 6 inch lifted Silverado. Had over 7k in mods and sales person knew nothing about it. I ended up putting 2500 into repairs into it in a year

mpittman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The shop that lifted my truck also lifts for the dealer where I bought my truck. He only installs BDS, and does 40 RAMs a year for the dealer. So, there are good ones out there, but the salesman really should know that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk