Lift kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rickcstangs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Best 4 inch and 6 inch lift suspension lift kits for 2012 ram. Asking for opinions on both, not sure which one I want more yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
2wd or 4wd

4.7 v8
Hi flow cat/flowmaster exhaust
7 inch lift/5 inch lift
20 inch falken wildpeak at3/33's

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
It's it's 2wd I suggest maxtrac everything is really rugged and high quality 4wd I'm sure someone will be coming in here soon to say lol

4.7 v8
7 inch lift/5 inch lift

OP
OP
R

rickcstangs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's it's 2wd I suggest maxtrac everything is really rugged and high quality 4wd I'm sure someone will be coming in here soon to say lol

4.7 v8
7 inch lift/5 inch lift

It's 4wd, I wanna keep the kit under 1000 dollars if possible.

OP
OP
R

rickcstangs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Might be difficult.

Most decent kits start around $1100.

Ok, best one 1500 and lower. I seen the Rough Country one and one called Tuff Country. Anyone ever use either of those?

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok, best one 1500 and lower. I seen the Rough Country one and one called Tuff Country. Anyone ever use either of those?

Do some research. Rough Country, Zone, Superlift, BDS are some used around here. Check out comparisons and customer reviews online. You can also use the search feature on this site.

OP
OP
R

rickcstangs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea I have read up on the Rough Country and it looks like positive reviews, just want to know if it's worth 1500 bucks.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Like byran28 said....do your research and choose what best fits your needs and budget.

I will say, almost everyone on here will advise you to stay away from Tuff Country.

OP
OP
R

rickcstangs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Like byran28 said....do your research and choose what best fits your needs and budget.

I will say, almost everyone on here will advise you to stay away from Tuff Country.

Yea pretty sure that tuff country isn't a option anymore.

WiSH2oo0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4wd RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I could do it over again I would go with the Superlift kit. I've had both the BDS & RCX 4" lift kits.

BDS customer service is garbage and IMHO the rear sway bar end links should have a 1/2" offset. Also I did like the front sway bar end links on the BDS lift along with the added front preload strut spacers for an extra inch of lift. The BDS kit also comes with all grade 8 or 10.9 hardware which is nice. But the rear coils are 2mm thicker which is probably good if you haul stuff but rides rough empty vs stock and Superlifts progressive rear coils. Try to order parts over the phone, they'll tell you to contact one of there local installation companies.

The RC kit was lacking a few brackets for rear end adjustments and the powder coating is sub par. The lift kit doesn't have a rear coil option only rear coil spacers.

This is why I would choose Superlift over the competitors if I was to do it over again. There rear progressive coils, customer service, Bilstein struts and rear shock upgrade and I can order parts as needed from just a phone call.

OP
OP
R

rickcstangs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I could do it over again I would go with the Superlift kit. I've had both the BDS & RCX 4" lift kits.

BDS customer service is garbage and IMHO the rear sway bar end links should have a 1/2" offset. Also I did like the front sway bar end links on the BDS lift along with the added front preload strut spacers for an extra inch of lift. The BDS kit also comes with all grade 8 or 10.9 hardware which is nice. But the rear coils are 2mm thicker which is probably good if you haul stuff but rides rough empty vs stock and Superlifts progressive rear coils. Try to order parts over the phone, they'll tell you to contact one of there local installation companies.

The RC kit was lacking a few brackets for rear end adjustments and the powder coating is sub par. The lift kit doesn't have a rear coil option only rear coil spacers.

This is why I would choose Superlift over the competitors if I was to do it over again. There rear progressive coils, customer service, Bilstein struts and rear shock upgrade and I can order parts as needed from just a phone call.

Thanks for the input man. I have looked over at those some recently.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The Mopar lift kits are rebranded Superlift kits.

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I asked the same question you are asking in the fall of '15. I went with Zone and couldn't be happier. I want to say my 6" kit was around $1,4XX. Instructions were fairly easy to follow for the install. Other's run Rough Country on here as well. The biggest difference between Zone and RC, I believe, is that RC uses spacers to lift the rear axle where Zone and other's use new springs. Just wanted to let you know that I went with Zone and am very pleased. Running 4,000 miles on it for a year and a half now.

Adam

DrkRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 crew cab Night Edition
Engine
5.7 hemi
I too went with the Zone 4 inch lift with Bils up front and Fox performance shocks in the rear. Truck rides better than stock, super happy with the Zone!! Mine ran me around $1650 for the kit.

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I'm happy with my 4" Superlift kit.