Lift Labor Costs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

durango4819

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
How much are you guys paying too have your lifts installed? the closest shop too me that does lifts charges $100 an inch. Is that a good price? It sounded high too me thats why im just curious what yall pay.

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmm..didn't know shops charged by the inch...i thought most did a per hour charge

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
OP
durango4819

durango4819

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Hmm..didn't know shops charged by the inch...i thought most did a per hour charge

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I thought that was weird too...most sites say installation time for lifts is 6-8 hours which would make this cost like $100per hour.

I actually got quoted $600 for labor on the 6" BDS lift.

I guess that sounds right then. maybe just varies by place

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Before I had mine done at the dealer, I asked a local shop. The said $80/hour and the job was estimated to take 8 hours. Although I think charging by the hour is typical, I got a little concerned about what if it takes them 10 hours? or 12 hours? I can see where I could be paying a buttload of money really fast and there wouldn't be anything I could do about it if I wanted my truck back.

My dealer charged me a flat $600. I thought that sounded pretty good. Turned out to be in my favor though because they had never installed this lift on a 1500 and didn't know the labor involved. He said the next guy will be charged a lot more labor (sorry for whoever comes after me). If you can find someone to give you a straight up install cost, I would go that route vs. somebody who charges by the hour, unless it's a full blow 4x4 shop that only works on 4wd vehicles.

AV8B6015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
600 sounds pretty fair. I was quoted anywhere from 500 to 900 and one shop was gonna charge me $4500 for the pro comp lift plus labor:crazy:

ramin44s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Did your quote include alignment? Most around me will charge 600 for install on 6" but it doesn't include alignment and plus they charge tax on it also

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
600 sounds pretty fair. I was quoted anywhere from 500 to 900 and one shop was gonna charge me $4500 for the pro comp lift plus labor:crazy:

That is insane. You can pick up the Pro Comp lift online for $1800-2000. I KNOW it doesn't cost that much labor to do it.

Did your quote include alignment? Most around me will charge 600 for install on 6" but it doesn't include alignment and plus they charge tax on it also

I had to pay tax as well....an extra $200 to the state. They shouldn't charge any more than $100 for alignment.

OP
OP
durango4819

durango4819

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
no sales tax in DE :flipthebird: and no the shop that would do the lift doesnt include/do alignments. thats no big deal though i know a shop that will hook me up

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
where are you looking to get it done at? There is a shop in salisbury you might want to check also. I cant remember the name but if you know where the car dealerships are it passed sherwood on the left. just down from exotic sound and tint.

OP
OP
durango4819

durango4819

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
where are you looking to get it done at? There is a shop in salisbury you might want to check also. I cant remember the name but if you know where the car dealerships are it passed sherwood on the left. just down from exotic sound and tint.

east coast 4x4 in gumboro. they did my leveling kit too.

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its gumboro, they do **** different over there lol. 100 an inch 100 an hour and if they are good it takes em 6 hours, pans out. Screw themselves if it takes longer. Just make sure you get it in writing so they can't mess with you later

OP
OP
durango4819

durango4819

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
is that know as the metal shop to? cause i know someone that works at the metal shop in gumboro.

no its these 2 guys that have a really nice shop at one of their houses. i know the one guy Jeff. Im sure youve seen his truck in Laurel riding around. Its a lifted black duramax, the new body style with black rims.

if you close enough to Stewartsville, NJ look into this place, OK Auto, 4WD & Tire

ill have too see how far i am. would they have it done in a day you think lol?

Its gumboro, they do **** different over there lol. 100 an inch 100 an hour and if they are good it takes em 6 hours, pans out. Screw themselves if it takes longer. Just make sure you get it in writing so they can't mess with you later

very true lol. i would def get some paper work first.