Lift on a level?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rayjohn77

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2" level and was wondering if I ever wanted to lift it would I need to take off the level and then install the lift, or can I lift the level? Thanks.

Whiteannerdy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
You should not stack lifts or multiple levels or lifts onto a level.

If your looking for a lift without going back to having the factory rake. I believe some lift kit setups will do this by lifting higher in the front and less in the rear. Like a 4" front and 2.5" rear. Still giving you that nice higher ride height.

Myself I'm still shopping what lift I wanna tackle installing myself but will likely go with something that leaves the factory rake. After all I wouldn't want the rear end to sag lower when I hook up a trailer or have a heavy payload in the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LVnight1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you use bils up front? Guy that installed my bils said I can still use them with a 4" RC lift.

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
wow i planned to lift maybe next year a bit... im on bils, i hope i can continue to use them.. grrrr

Whiteannerdy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
How much of a lift are you looking for?

But with bils I don't think your gonna need to take them off and return to factory. Just wouldn't recommend adding coil spacers as you already have the better setup. Could possibly still add coil extensions but should definitely replace upper control arms to compensate for the angle. Anything more than a 3-4" lift and your looking at a full kit with lower control arms and some cutting needed.

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Several folks on here have Bills 5100 and 4 or 6" lifts. I am sure they will chime in soon. I am getting a 6" BDS lift kit and I am keeping my bils. They just need to be lowered to 2.1".

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got a 6/3" BDS lift and the shop said keep the leveling coil spacer so that's what I did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
Several folks on here have Bills 5100 and 4 or 6" lifts. I am sure they will chime in soon. I am getting a 6" BDS lift kit and I am keeping my bils. They just need to be lowered to 2.1".

That's where I'm at. Hope to see more chiming in from those that have done it

clays laramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Im doing a bds 4" on my new ram that is on the way and ill be adding bilstiens to the front.. But mine will be kept at stock hight.. Lift is 4 front with 3" taller coils. In the rear.. So it will take 1" of rake out of the truck.. Never want to be caught nose high..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
austmurr