Lift/level question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mxaddict392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all, This forum is great and a wealth of information but I have a couple questions I haven't seen addressed. You can use Bilsteins to level a truck but if you do an actual lift do you still need to level it or will the lift level it out by raising the front more than the rear? I'd like to have as much info as possible before I go to the shop.

OP
OP
M

mxaddict392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok, good to know. Follow up question, what would I set the Bils at? 2.1 or 2.8?

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
That depends on what lift kit you get. Different kits have different amounts of rear lift to change the overall stance of the truck when lifted. Some require Bilsteins to level them out, some do not.

PhillyGoat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have the zone 6" lift with 3" rear, but they also have a 5" rear option to maintain the factory take if you want to keep it. Mine sits level, no bilsteins, but you could add them if you want the ability to adjust the front end ride height at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014greatwhite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a zone 4" with the 3" rear spring and my bils are set at 1.4 and my truck sits level

mpittman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a zone 4" with the 3" rear spring and my bils are set at 1.4 and my truck sits level

Same here... 4" BDS lift with 3" rear lift. I have Bilsteins in front for an additional 1.4" level. I'm totally level in all 4 corners.

I hear of people getting a 6" lift , and Bilsteins at 2.1" for a level.

Mviohl311

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If u get a BDS 4" lift with the 2" rear coil spacer it'll sit close to level with stock shocks

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have a 6" suspension lift with 5" rear coils. I have the Bilstein's set at 2.1 to allow some rake so I don't have any California lean when my truck is loaded. :)

Something to remember.... not every truck has the same amount of "rake". My 2012 stock must have had a lot of rake because I had spacers in the front to level it when I bought it and it still had about an 1" of rake. That being said, I now have about 1.5" of rake with the setup I'm running now.

But to answer your question, use the Bil's to level out your truck. They will provide a more comfortable ride and your suspension will thank you. :)

Adam