lift question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Liquidoxygen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 Diesel
I plan on going with a 6" pro comp lift for my 11 1500 sport. I also plan to install the bilstein 5100 adjustables at the same time. Should I just get the stage one with just the strut spacers or get the stage two lift kit with front coilovers ?

dodgedoggy11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 SLT Bighorn 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7 4x4 6in rcx lift kit, K &N cold air intake 8k hid headlights 8k hid foglights
i would go with the series 2 the spacers are trouble!! did you look at the rancho or the rough country kits???? They are half the money and just as tough??

omega88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What dodgedoggy11 said, You may as well spend the money now and get the coilovers, the ride quality between spacer and coilover is night and day, Just food for thought, i had a rough country lift on my old chev, and it was half the price of just about anything, and it was awesome! It comes with spacers, it rode a little stiffer than stock, but its a great kit. You can also get the bilsteins afterwards too.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
does he need them if he is getting bilstein adjustable 5100's?

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
does he need them if he is getting bilstein adjustable 5100's?

Simple answer, NO.

You'll either get stage 2 OR the Bilstein 5100s. If you have the money for stage 2, I'd go that route. If you're a little short on cash, the stage 1 + Bilstein 5100 setup is what I'm running and I have no complaints. I just couldn't see laying down an extra $1k for better front shocks.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Thank you Kevin that's what i thought, but not having a lift, i didn't want to say something that wasn't right.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
The coilover completely replaces the strut. For the stage 2 Pro Comp lift, it is adjustable up to 7.5" (I believe). That route is going to cost an extra $1k. It will ride REALLY nice though.

The Bilstein 5100 route, when added to the 4.5" strut spacer with the sage 1 lift will give you a total of 7.3" of lift (4.5" + 2.8" [assuming you max them]). This route will run you about $200.

So the difference....is it worth an $800 "nicer" ride? To me it's not. I can use that money on other mods.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If your thinking about Bilsteins, there is a group buy in process right now. You can go to the "Group Purchase" thread for information.
Jay

GoinDownhole

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Your butt and passengers will like the ride quality from the bilsteins plus the coil overs, especially if they are progressive.