Lift questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul's

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys,

I'm new to this thread and will soon be a proud owner of a 2013 Copperhead Pearl ram 1500. Will be making a few modds and wanted to ask some questions..

1) I want to put a lift kit and I'm so confused on what to install and what is better. I will not be off roading, all I want to to have the look and install some 35" tires for the tough look.. I want to go with the body lift or suspension. Not sure what is better and less hard on the truck and the rest of the components of the suspension.

2)Does any of the the lifts create a wobble or anything? Heard things that it does have a little wobble in the steering..

3) With the body lift do u have to put a level kit as well? and how do u resolve the issue of the exhaust being at the stock height? Looks awful being that low..

Sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure of what is right for me and good as well.. Thanks for all the help guys..

Much appreciated..

:cheers:

TXKID

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1) if you want to run a suspension lift then go rough country. It's cheap and has a lifetime warranty.
If you want a body lift then performance accessories 3" bl

2) usually just a 6" suspension lift won't create a death wobble, nor will the 3" bl. Just make sure which ever one is installed, is installed correctly and you should have no problems.

3) with a body lift a level is not required. You will still have the rake though that the truck comes with which is usually 2-3" higher in the back.
As for the tips you need to take your truck to an exhaust shop so they can adjust the tips to bumper height.

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just finished finished up the body lift on my truck and love it, it gives me the boosted high I wanted for a real great price and I was able to do it myself. If you are looking for affordable lift body lift is my suggestion. To fix the exhaust just have your exhaust shop tuck it up I still need to get mine done it isn't terribly noticeable but I have a side exhaust.

that white kid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i have a body lift and even though its 3in i liked it before and i still like it but i think its time to go higher so if you wanna be happy with the hight look at the trucks side by side and see how you like it and personally i do think the body lifts are a better lift if your not going offroad just because its cheaper and if your not going offroad there is no need for the added suspension.

But i still want to put a suspension lift on top of my body lift because i love the height

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Jul's
Welcome to the forum and welcome from a fellow Canadian

Question first....did you go with the air suspension in your new Ram?

I asked because there is no lift kit presently available for them.
If you don't have them, do you have a budget?
If not, you have many options.

But RCX will give you the best bang for your buck as TXKID mentioned.
If money is not an option, then you get a sexy kit like his ;)

Now a level kit or Bilsteins and a 3" PA body lift will get you the same height as the RCX (if Bilsteins set to max) and will cost almost half.

There are some pro's and cons to each.

Either way you will have a sweet truck.
If you do need anything let me know. We do have warehouses in Canada and stock readily available ;)

Again, welcome to RF and there are great info and great members here to assist

OP
OP
Jul's

Jul's

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks guys for the help.

I did not order the truck with the air suspension as I did not buy a truck yet.. I'm in the middle of either ordering one or getting one already done up from the dealer . Here in Ottawa there is a truck with already a body lift on it but I didn't like the exhaust the way it sat. By what u guys re saying it's pretty easy fix the bring up the exhaust.. My second option is to order one and start from scratch. The reason I was so confused was that I was reading alot on body lifts and suspension and I was getting more confused to what do get.. LOL Again thanks alot Guys.. cant wait to get my new truck.. :)

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks guys for the help.

I did not order the truck with the air suspension as I did not buy a truck yet.. I'm in the middle of either ordering one or getting one already done up from the dealer . Here in Ottawa there is a truck with already a body lift on it but I didn't like the exhaust the way it sat. By what u guys re saying it's pretty easy fix the bring up the exhaust.. My second option is to order one and start from scratch. The reason I was so confused was that I was reading alot on body lifts and suspension and I was getting more confused to what do get.. LOL Again thanks alot Guys.. cant wait to get my new truck.. :)

Well what are they charging for the. Body lift as an additional option.
If it's reasonable, them go that route as you can always add onto it. Via Bilsteins or suspension lift.
Fixing the exhaust is easy. Get them to do it or minus $100 off the deal and take it to a muffler shop.
Either way, it's minor.

OP
OP
Jul's

Jul's

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well what are they charging for the. Body lift as an additional option.
If it's reasonable, them go that route as you can always add onto it. Via Bilsteins or suspension lift.
Fixing the exhaust is easy. Get them to do it or minus $100 off the deal and take it to a muffler shop.
Either way, it's minor.

Well the truck has a ton of accessories on it so they are putting and extra 7 grand on the truck. The truck has the 3" body lift with the mickey Thompson tires and the flares, has the mud flaps window guards and bug deflector. Window tint and a hard tryfold tonneau cover.. and the spray in bed liner..

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well the truck has a ton of accessories on it so they are putting and extra 7 grand on the truck. The truck has the 3" body lift with the mickey Thompson tires and the flares, has the mud flaps window guards and bug deflector. Window tint and a hard tryfold tonneau cover.. and the spray in bed liner..

Those accessories are not worth $7k, but it is the dealer. So i guess it's seems ok for a dealer.

OP
OP
Jul's

Jul's

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I my uncle did the body lift at the dealer and charged him almost 1700 just for the lift, thats no including the tires the flares the window tint tonneau cover and the rest of the stuff they put on.. I might be wrong though.. LOL

TXKID

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I my uncle did the body lift at the dealer and charged him almost 1700 just for the lift, thats no including the tires the flares the window tint tonneau cover and the rest of the stuff they put on.. I might be wrong though.. LOL

God I hope you're wrong or that dealership might get charged with ****...

OP
OP
Jul's

Jul's

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well that was installed as well.. Didn't mention that sorry.. LOL

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well that was installed as well.. Didn't mention that sorry.. LOL

This is why I said it was not bad for a 'dealer' price. Im sure they over charged for labor on all aspects.
At the end of the day....all those mods when purchased is about $4K give or take $200-$300

OP
OP
Jul's

Jul's

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's what i thought, I will be ordering a truck or they will find me a truck with the sport hood on it and I have asked them to give me a price with the 3" lift kit the mickey thompson 35" tires and the wheel flares from bushwacker.. Should be pretty sweet.. I had asked them to just swap out the hoods from the other one they have in stoke with the hood on it and put it on the one that already have the lift on and they said they couldnt do that.. LOL

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's what i thought, I will be ordering a truck or they will find me a truck with the sport hood on it and I have asked them to give me a price with the 3" lift kit the mickey thompson 35" tires and the wheel flares from bushwacker.. Should be pretty sweet.. I had asked them to just swap out the hoods from the other one they have in stoke with the hood on it and put it on the one that already have the lift on and they said they couldnt do that.. LOL

Let us know how this goes!
Or ask them what they charge if you provide your own mods....unless you want to finance the mods too, then thats a different story

OP
OP
Jul's

Jul's

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I'll still be looking in the one they have there.. has pretty muc everything I want except the hood but I can always get that after.. I'll try to get a picture of the truck and post it.. :)

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I'll still be looking in the one they have there.. has pretty muc everything I want except the hood but I can always get that after.. I'll try to get a picture of the truck and post it.. :)

Post er up :Rock on:

OP
OP
Jul's

Jul's

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nevermind.. LOL Got it

Attachments

• Ram Copperhead.jpg
    Ram Copperhead.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 239

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nevermind.. LOL Got it

That is VERY nice!
Need some 1/4" wheel spacers to slide those wheels out a bit as those flares tuck them under

Other than that, sweet truck

But BEAT them up on that $7K additional options as there is no way they paid that.
Tell them to knock of $3K and make that deal ;)