Lift questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jul's

Jul's

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah that's what I thought as well.. Was never going to give them what they said. Like they make so much money anyway out of it.. Does does spacers only bring the wheel out?? Just for appearance or do they have some other purpose also? Not to mechanically savvy so sorry for the questions.. LOL

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah that's what I thought as well.. Was never going to give them what they said. Like they make so much money anyway out of it.. Does does spacers only bring the wheel out?? Just for appearance or do they have some other purpose also? Not to mechanically savvy so sorry for the questions.. LOL

Good! Beat em down on the price. Tell them you can always build it for less....
If they ask how. Tell them your vendor buddies on the forum ;)

As for the spacers. Its for appearance (in your case, unless the wheels rub) or to create clearance so the wheels do not rub the inner fender walls

OP
OP
Jul's

Jul's

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok sweet.. Thanks alot for your help.. Will definitely consider the spacers.. If it prevents damage from rubbing then why not.. Are they expensive?

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok sweet.. Thanks alot for your help.. Will definitely consider the spacers.. If it prevents damage from rubbing then why not.. Are they expensive?

Not at all....$35 for a pair and youll want 2 pairs to bring the rear out to match the front.

OP
OP
Jul's

Jul's

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sweet that's pretty good. Yeah I would imagen u would want to put some all around for it to match and not look funny.. Thanks a million

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sweet that's pretty good. Yeah I would imagen u would want to put some all around for it to match and not look funny.. Thanks a million

Exactly!
Someone with an eye for it will point it out. Majority wont....why not match it for $35 more

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Andrew is right the spacer will bring it out just a little to make it flush I only notice it because I am working on finishing my truck.

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
What size are the tires and how are they fitting them on there without spacers to begin with if they are 35x12.5? Unless they have changed the offset on the premium wheels from factory. Plus those fender flares are not bushwacker's and about 100 less. I'm not one to buy a vehicle already modded but you should buy a catch can and other parts from a vendor on here *bullys and they may help you out by giving you a quote for all parts that are on that truck and give you some power with negotiation. If they don't drop that price on it I'd buy a bone stock one and save for a few months and get it done yourself. I dont even have 7k in my truck. You could build a lot more truck than what they are charging.

Last edited:

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They are more than likely EGR Flares

OP
OP
Jul's

Jul's

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah u have a point there. I'm no sure what are the exact size of the tires but I think they are 35x12x20.. Why do u say they are not bushwaker flares. They look the same no? Unless they are mopar. Well they better give me a really good price. My uncle got a truck done up like that the same thing except black and he got a pretty good deal.. He will send me his bill of sale and I'll bring it with me to the dealer and go see the same sales person.. LOL Take that stealers.. LOL

OP
OP
Jul's

Jul's

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is VERY nice!
Need some 1/4" wheel spacers to slide those wheels out a bit as those flares tuck them under

Other than that, sweet truck

But BEAT them up on that $7K additional options as there is no way they paid that.
Tell them to knock of $3K and make that deal ;)

Wonder if the sport hood would make it over the top SWEET!! Or just leave it like that.. !!

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
EGR flares??

EGRs extend down that far. They look like bushwackers and there are many pocket style flares.
I'm almost positive they are EGR

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
+1 egr. I like them better than bushwackers depending on the truck.

OP
OP
Jul's

Jul's

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yeah just saw their web site.. Think like u said that they are AGR.. And the tires are 35x12.5.20. The dealer I was looking at the truck posted video on youtube on a truck they did up like that one..

OP
OP
Jul's

Jul's

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just went to see another truck today and this one wasent done up like the other but had the sport hood and the towing mirrors. Was talking to the dealer and they said that they do not cover all these fit ups to the truck for warranty. So basically if I would buy from them and do up the truck with a body lift they were not sure if that would void the warranty.. They said not to go with the bl cause it is to hard on all the parts and the same with the mickey 35x12.5x20 tires.. They said to do a level instead.. Can I get a level that has the same look and hight as the 3" body??

Here is a picture of the truck I saw today.. Should I go with the already done up or start from scratch. and witch looks better once I would do up this one??

Thanks guys

:cheers:

Attachments

• 20130704_162655.jpg
    20130704_162655.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 23

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The difference between level and body lift, is the body lift will lift both front and rear leaving the stock rake.
Level, only levels the front

Closes thing to a 3" body lift is a 2.5" level. Either via pre load spacer, strut spacer or Bilstein 5100.
I personally prefer the Bilstein 5100

Not sure why your guy said a body lift is harder on the components when nothing changes. As in angles, drive train angles, etc.
All a body lift does is lift the body off the frame for height.

Level kits will actually change CV angles.

Unless he meant something else.

Either way. Both those trucks are nice.
Its all about what you prefer