Lift vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattN10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Just went from a 4" lift to the maxtrac 7" on my 2014 Ram. On harder acceleration from a stop there is a slight vibration now. It dissapears after 1st gear. Called the shop and said this is pretty common with these trucks and that lift, and its not a something to be overly worried about. Anyone else have this issue?

Also for people who are contemplating their lift. Skip the 4", in my opinion the 35s looked a little cramped with that lift. Minus the new issue, it looks much better lol.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
is your truck a Reg Cab, Crew Cab, Quad Cab, year...etc?

OP
OP
M

MattN10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Quad cab, after several hours of google searching I found it needs the carrier bearing lowering kit.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^ Bingo.. That's got to be one hell of a angle on that drive shaft. No more drive threws for you lol

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ya I was gonna say sounds like driveshaft issue

OP
OP
M

MattN10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Its odd that Maxtrac sells the part that keeps your driveshaft from snapping as an "accessory", just include it in the kit lol.

Maxtrac Suspension

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Its odd that Maxtrac sells the part that keeps your driveshaft from snapping as an "accessory", just include it in the kit lol.

it's because only about 20% of the trucks out there have a 2 pc driveshaft. So to keep cost down we put it as a foot note that if your truck does in fact have the 2pc driveshaft you will need this item as well. People are very cautious when it comes to pricing and to waste a ton of money and extra pieces just wouldn't be efficient. Sorry for any inconvenience but we do appreciate your support!

jk6672

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Don't worry, I spent 8k on suspension only and it didn't come with a carrier bearing drop kit, I had to figure it out the same way you did, research. Still very happy with the suspension, but I thought the same thing, for as much as I spent, they couldn't throw in a $40 part to make it a complete kit.

Maxtrac Suspension

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Don't worry, I spent 8k on suspension only and it didn't come with a carrier bearing drop kit, I had to figure it out the same way you did, research. Still very happy with the suspension, but I thought the same thing, for as much as I spent, they couldn't throw in a $40 part to make it a complete kit.

you spent $8,000 on a maxtrac lift kit?

sticknstring

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

What lift kit costs that much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DKnight521

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry to bring up an old thread. I just got a 6" RC lift put on my 2015 1500 2wd and I'm getting this same vibration. Do these carrier bearing lowering kits truly eliminate the vibration, and what is a good brand to go with?

Dbjb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, Sport 2wd
Sorry to bring up an old thread. I just got a 6" RC lift put on my 2015 1500 2wd and I'm getting this same vibration. Do these carrier bearing lowering kits truly eliminate the vibration, and what is a good brand to go with?
If you lift that much and have a 2 piece driveshaft, it would be silly not to straighten it out with this inexpensive part. It's a simple owner DIY too. Go Maxtrac, costs $40.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yes it is a necessary component. when you lift the truck you change the angle of your drive line. all these kits do is get your drive line back to the correct angle. They work!

DKnight521

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks gents! Looks like it won't arrive for another week. Any problems with driving it until then?