Lift and warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoadKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I see some dealers sell trucks already lifted that are covered by warranty.

Its unclear what to antipate when i do a bds 4" on my Limited with air bags.

Is there a chance the suspension would still be warranted?

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's an unknown until you ask your dealer. Some don't care at all and some do. Mine is pretty lenient. I'd call your dealer and ask them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
In theory, the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act protects you from denial of warranty work unless the added accessory or non OEM item caused the actual issue.

In the real world, it gives any dealer a knee jerk reaction to attempt to deny warranty and can make getting something fixed a problem. Dealerships that install lifts are self warrantying them but you are married to that selling dealership if problems occur that may be related to the lift or have the inference it may be related.

djyeti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When we got our truck the dealer got a 3rd party company to install the lift and extras. The 3rd party company warranties all the stuff they installed and was actually better than the basic warranty that the dealer offers

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
most of the time dealers subcontract that work out. when you purchased these items through the dealer or they have done them to dealer stock yes you would go to the dealer for the warranty, but if its related to the installed items then they send it back to the subcontractor. dealer that sell these types of trucks already having a lift are usually the ones that will be more lenient if you install the lift or you go to that 3rd party place.

keep in mind also when you do it through a dealer you also pay dealer markup of the installed items. which i have seen as much as 25-40% before.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If your BDS suspension breaks, or causes a failure of an associated OEM part, FCA can deny warranty recovery. That is the other side of the Magnuson-Moss Act.

If the dealer installed the kit then warranty recovery is generally assured.