lifted 2013 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwalsh58

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a question that has turned into a very confusing answer that I cant seem to get. can anyone help? I have a 2013 1500 with a Procom 6" lift from the factory, a place called rocky ridge conversion, which I absolutely love,however, I am very **** when it comes to a level ride height, the front of this truck has a slight rake to it like maybe an inch or two. I want it to sit level!! so I see people on this site say they added blistering 5100 or rancho adjustable to the front, which will supposedly raise my truck another inch or two? I find this hard to believe, although, I wish it was hahaha. the truck has the original strut shocks on it that came from the factory. HELP!!! I'm goin out of my mind looking for the right answer. thanks.

Jershipe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can add bilstiens. Just measure the take and set the front to the desired lift. I have mine set at 1.4 lift with a rcx 4 inch lift kit. They use spacers that bolt on top of your strut assembly to achieve the 6 inch lift. The bilstiens use spring tension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Bilstein 5100 adjustable front struts can easily be added to the front end for extra lift to get rid of that rake and have your truck sitting dead level. Very common to use them with a 6" lift to achieve exactly that. I recommend using them with almost every lift kit.
Coilovers would be another option to look at but they'll be a lot more pricey.

I wouldn't recommend Rancho Quicklifts for this application as they aren't height adjustable like Bilsteins or coilovers and will likely put your truck nose high.

OP
OP
M

mwalsh58

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
bilstein5100

hey man, thank you for that info, you just made my day! so,all I have to do is pick up the phone,order a set of bilstein 5100 struts ? do I say I have a 6" lift ? like,how do I order something like that without sounding stupid hahaha btw your truck looks sweet just the way id love to see mine sitting

OP
OP
M

mwalsh58

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
bilstein5100

Bilstein 5100 adjustable front struts can easily be added to the front end for extra lift to get rid of that rake and have your truck sitting dead level. Very common to use them with a 6" lift to achieve exactly that. I recommend using them with almost every lift kit.
Coilovers would be another option to look at but they'll be a lot more pricey.

I wouldn't recommend Rancho Quicklifts for this application as they aren't height adjustable like Bilsteins or coilovers and will likely put your truck nose high.

hey,thanks so much for that info, so I order a set of bilstein5100 strut/shocks for a ram 1500? do I tell them it has a 6" lift? I don't wanna sound like an idiot when I do this,im old school not educated on the newer stuff,lol any recommendations where to get them? again thanks for the help made my day.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You don't need to tell them anything about your lift. Just order a set of 5100 Bilsteins for your truck measure the rake your truck has and set them accordingly. They have different settings from stock to 2.8" of lift. You will be the one who sets them where you want them. There are several videos on You Tube on the instalation.

Jershipe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just order them for ram 1500. P/N 24-187367 I believe. Got mine off eBay. I have bought them off amazon too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
corumba