Lifted 4th Gen Pics - Show Em Off!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's what I'm gonna go with, only with a Zone. Your rig looks real good. I have the same truck, color.

Getting amped to get the lift done.

Thank you, and good luck with yours. I'm sure you'll be very happy with it. Are you doing it yourself? And what wheel/tire combo - if any - are you going with? And, are you also replacing the UCAs? Adding coil-overs?

RJL1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thank you, and good luck with yours. I'm sure you'll be very happy with it. Are you doing it yourself? And what wheel/tire combo - if any - are you going with? And, are you also replacing the UCAs? Adding coil-overs?

Gonna do the Fox coil overs in front and Fox shocks with 3" springs in the rear. Doing UCA's. Haven't put a ton of thought into the tires, wheels. Have brand new, stock size Duratracs that I put on right after I bought this truck. The stock tires were bald. We'll see what happens with tires. Truth be told I like the stock 20" chrome rims, gonna keep them. Adding some fender flares and a grill guard before the lift. Just had some cab lights installed.

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gonna do the Fox coil overs in front and Fox shocks with 3" springs in the rear. Doing UCA's. Haven't put a ton of thought into the tires, wheels. Have brand new, stock size Duratracs that I put on right after I bought this truck. The stock tires were bald. We'll see what happens with tires. Truth be told I like the stock 20" chrome rims, gonna keep them. Adding some fender flares and a grill guard before the lift. Just had some cab lights installed.

I liked my stock wheels as well and also had maybe 9 months on my new Pirelli Scorpion tires. But, I wanted the 37x12.50s to start with and can't use the stock wheels or they'll rub the knuckle. And, didn't want to use a spacer on the wheels with that size tire (just my choice) so went with aftermarket wheels. I still threaten to put the stock ones back on just to see how they look and you never know - I may decide some time later to swap them over just for a change. I toned down the size to 35's though after checking clearance and will likley swap the bumper out at some point and maybe opt for the 37's when these wear out. I'll also be adding color-matched fender flares to mine shortly. When you go to remove the top rear shock bolts - you'll need a short wrench or in my case I used one of those "S" looking wrenches (closed on both ends) and had no issues at all. The lift should come with the new angled adapters for reinstallation. Good luck and post 'em here when complete.

4eyedconekiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
5” RC lift, 35x12.5x20 toyo open country RT’s (due for new rubber, contemplating what to get). View attachment 230775

Just solidifying my desire for a 2500/3500. How’s it ride with the lift and tires?

Bonus point for the flight murse username. Just boarded a flight to go home for the holiday from my current assignment.

Okay, here's a few more photos of the truck. I'll get some of the UCAs and the coil-overs as well in the next day or so.

View attachment 231022

View attachment 231023

View attachment 231024

Daggum that’s a gorgeous girl! Long bed?

Flyght_murse2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Just solidifying my desire for a 2500/3500. How’s it ride with the lift and tires?

Bonus point for the flight murse username. Just boarded a flight to go home for the holiday from my current assignment.

This is my first 3/4 ton with a big lift. It rides as I expected, rough as sh*t and loves the fuel. But I didn’t buy it for a smooth ride and gas mileage. I have only had it two weeks, but I would make the same purchase again.

Nice! Safe travels and enjoy the holidays. I start a 6 night stretch on the 25th.

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here's a few shots of the Coil-Overs and the UCAs. Note - I acknowledge that I need to clean the dern fender well covers and shock mounts and will do that this weekend.

Driver Coil-Over.jpg

Driver UCA - rear shot.jpg

Driver UCA and Reservoir.jpg

Passenger UCA.jpg

Passenger UCA.jpg

4eyedconekiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
This is my first 3/4 ton with a big lift. It rides as I expected, rough as sh*t and loves the fuel. But I didn’t buy it for a smooth ride and gas mileage. I have only had it two weeks, but I would make the same purchase again.

Nice! Safe travels and enjoy the holidays. I start a 6 night stretch on the 25th.

Sweet! I’m torn. My 1500 is one heck of a truck, but to buy a camper like I’m considering, a 2500 (actually would rather have a 3500 SRW)would be a wise purchase.

I fly back to VA for 8 days on Christmas Day myself!

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you, but no it's only a 6'4" bed, but I've often commented that it does look long!

Actually, for a half ton with the crew cab that is considered a long bed. The 5’7” bed is the regular/short bed, and is the norm. You have a fairly rare one there!

RJL1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What Fox coilovers do you have? The 2.5's?

Looks flat out awesome!

Yes, they are the 2.5's. And thank you for the compliment. I will be out there today and tomorrow cleaning up that red dirt for a more respectable presentation. I didn't realize how dirty that looked until I posted the photos. It's kind of embarassing actually. But, I'll clean 'em up real good...

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Actually, for a half ton with the crew cab that is considered a long bed. The 5’7” bed is the regular/short bed, and is the norm. You have a fairly rare one there!

Well, I'll have to say thank you for the education then as I wasn't aware of that. But, it is indeed long and I haven't seen another one that looks like mine over here. I have seen a LOT of CCs with the 5'7" bed though, but I like the length of mine as it accommodates my ATV where the 5'7" would have left it sitting either on the very edge of the tailgate - or perhaps not fit at all as it already sits on the tailgate of mine. For me, the 5'7" beds do look good, but is just too short for me. But, that's just my preference.

REDE2GO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here's a few shots of the Coil-Overs and the UCAs. Note - I acknowledge that I need to clean the dern fender well covers and shock mounts and will do that this weekend.

View attachment 231663

View attachment 231664

View attachment 231665

View attachment 231666

View attachment 231667

They still look great. Nothing to be embarrassed about. Unfortunately I have to wait on getting my coil-overs but I am getting my UCAs after the holidays. Shop sent them out to get powder coated red 2 days ago

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They still look great. Nothing to be embarrassed about. Unfortunately I have to wait on getting my coil-overs but I am getting my UCAs after the holidays. Shop sent them out to get powder coated red 2 days ago

Thank you. For your new UCA's; congratulations, and make sure to post pics once you get them mounted. The new ones are so much more beefy than the stock ones, but felt like I had a little play (spacing) on the rear mounts and had to tighten them to where it squeezed the bracket in a bit. I wasn't a big fan of that though.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye