lifted 4th gens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

durango4819

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
hey all

sorry another new guy!!

Just Lifted my 2011 1500RAM... went with the RCX 6" lift.

I will post pics later.

Hey BigHorn 4 Life... do you have any vibration in the front like maybe pinion angle is too steep?

cant figure mine out....

welcome! get some pics of your truck up, im thinking about getting this lift and want to see how it looks.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
i want those mirrors bad

Watch your classifieds. Sometimes people get the tow mirrors but don't realize how big they are or have a need for them. I've heard of guys straight up trading mirrors. I wouldn't mind them myself someday.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
I got mine in trade with a fella for my mirrors + a case of wax. :D

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Well I don't have my 2011 lifted yet but I have purchased all the items for my lift and they are in route to me. I will have the lift on in a few weeks. I am going with a 6" Zone with upgraded shocks. Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ 35X12.5R20's with some painted Bushwacker Fender flares. I am going to hold on the wheels until the fall. ( I still don't know what wheels I want and I do not want to make a bad buy) I will post some pictures of the lifted sport in a few weeks.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Count me in the club now.

6" Pro Comp suspension lift
295/65R20 (35.5x12.2x20) Nitto Trail Grapplers
20" factory sport rims painted black
2" custom-made steel wheel spacer

IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0674.jpg

Last edited:

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Thanks man! It's good to be up there with you guys finally! Say, this is one thing that's bothering me, but now that there's more gap between the top of the fender and the tire, I'm wondering if there's a way to add more of the fender lining to cover up more of the wheel well? Here's a pic of what I'm talking about - I think if I could just make the liner go straight across that would be better and would cover up more.

da0cf6c4.jpg

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Haha maybe I'll just paint some cardboard black and duct tape it up there!

You know anyone who wants 35s? lol I would have to sell these for a pretty decent amount to get enough for 37s. Heck, Dave is practically giving away his 35s and no one wants them!

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
The Houston CL has gone to crap. There is so much spam on there the last few times I tried to make a posting it said it posted but I could never find my own posting.

I've still got a brand new tire I used as an emergency spare on my last truck just sitting in the garage. Too bad it's a 16" rim otherwise I'd use it for this truck (sure beats the useless donut).

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
ebay = money ******.

but I did sell my iphone there this morning (well, offer accepted, no money in fist yet) - for $550. When its done, I'll probably get......500. Stupid fees

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Sorry for the slow reply Scott. The lift was $1730 for just the kit not counting install. The shock upgrades were like $15 each shock with the boot. I looked at both the zone and the procomp lifts and I liked the quality of the metal of the zone over the procomp.
My truck is in the shop now getting my lift and tricks.
Here is the picture of the truck right before they picked up my truck for the install.
NewTires.jpg

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Thanks I will get it back tomorrow so I will post pics as soon as I get it home. I still can't make up my mind on wheels yet so I went with the stock wheels on the lift with some painted bushwacker fender flares.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Can't wait to see how your flares look with the lift. I'm really leaning towards the painted Pocket Flares myself.

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I had them on my 2008 and I loved them. I ran my Baja Claws that were 13.5 wide and it was hell on the truck so once I got the pocket style fender flares I was in love with how well they worked and looked. I say go for it you will not be upset with your decision.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Yeah I think that's probably the route I'm going to go. I'm still going to wait and see how yours look. Lol

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Kevin I don't blame you. I have a picture of them on my 2008 I could show ya now. The lift shop called me tonight after they closed and let me know my front end is complete with the lift and the back end is all apart and ready for the reat lift in the morning. He did say my fender flares were on and they looked awesome. He then started telling me that he took tons of pictures of them because of how great they look on the new ram.

Im just excited.

28.jpg
26.jpg
25.jpg

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Yes you do. lol Mine will be painted. I don't think I will like them black. I'm pretty sure that's the route I'm going; I'm just trying to find the right time to order them. Who would have thought 4 fender flares would cost $400? Then the cost to paint them...

Thanks for the pictures J.T. I'm just waiting to see how they tie in the front flare with the fender since ours being sports have the solid bumper. That's the ony thing that I'm wondering about now.

I bet you're excited man. I know I sure was the night before I was supposed to get my truck back. As has been said before, it's like the night before Christmas.