Lifting 2014 Ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hudgenja

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys,
I need some advice. I have a 2014 Ram 1500 SLT, that has the 5.7 Hemi and 8 speed automatic transmission 4x4. I'm looking to do a 6" lift. I searched the forums people seem to like Bilstein. The kit I'm looking at is:

6” Dodge Suspension Lift Kit with Bilstein Front Struts and Rear Shocks – 2012-2017 Ram 1500 4WD Gas and Eco Diesel Models - K120B | Superlift

I had a 07 or 08 Silverado that I bought from a dealer where they had slapped a rought country lift kit on it and 35s and it rode terrible. Chased it all over the road and it had zero power for passing people. I hated that truck. I want to lift my truck without sacrificing the ride. Is that possible? I know I probably need to get non aggressive tires which is fine I don't off road anyway. I load the truck bed with logs and trash from time to time but that's it. I have no idea what to do and would appreciate any feedback. Let me know what lift I should go with, what other parts I might need such as heavy duty control arms or whatever, and tire set up for my needs.

Thanks,
Jack

Attachments

• rsz_truck.jpg
    rsz_truck.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 173

2014greatwhite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2014 express 4x4 and I just recently put a 4" zone lift with a 3" spring in the rear on my truck. I already had the bilsteins on my truck as a leveling kit and I left them on the front set at 1.4. So with that and the 3" spring in the rear my truck sits level. I feel like my truck rides smoother with the new lift. I still have the same power the only thing that is taking me a little getting use to is the slight change in turning radius. I have 35x12.5x20 tires and the 8 speed transmission. My mpg is about 14. Hope this info helps you out.

PhillyGoat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have a 2012 1500 with a zone 6"/3" and nitro shocks. It is leveled, but if you want to keep the factory rake they have a 6"/5" option. I didn't get the heavy duty control arms. I put the lift on 9 or so months ago, and aside from the initial alignments ( and one after a good time off-road) I have had no issues! I still have plenty of power, but mpg took a big hit. MDS won't ever really kick in unless you are coasting downhill. If you do decide to off-road, though, it is perfectly capable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Zone Offroad or Superlift are both great options. Each one is a great "bang for your buck" lift as far as getting a full, complete lift that address all issues go. If you wanted to step up from there you could go with a BDS lift which is slightly better quality than both Zone and Superlift and offer a lifetime no questions asked warranty.

OP
OP
H

hudgenja

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay, thanks for the feedback guys. Still not sure what tire setup to go with. I'm assuming the Superlift and Zone won't sacrifice ride? That is really the only need I'm trying to address

dan1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay, thanks for the feedback guys. Still not sure what tire setup to go with. I'm assuming the Superlift and Zone won't sacrifice ride? That is really the only need I'm trying to address

Tire wise, I have the Toyo at2 extremes. Have a 50k treadwear warranty and decently aggressive sidewall. I do go off roading and they are perfectly capable, but nice and quiet on the highway if you don't plan to go on dirt.
I had the same tires on my 04 sierra that was lifted and hated how my lift made the truck drive (I feel you pain), bought a new set with the new truck and very happy with the even wear and performance
7ce0169f188e1b4157109cbf6156c99e.jpg

Sent via telepathy

OP
OP
H

hudgenja

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, I'm going to call around to find an installer. The local custom shop that does subs, lifts, and that kind of stuff is a Rough Country dealer. I told them I don't want that I want a complete and quality lift that will still ride smooth and not pull all over the road and they kept saying check out Rough Country's site. I appreciate all the feedback

OP
OP
H

hudgenja

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Update, I've been researching a lot recently. I definitely have rake, the rear end is higher than the front like Dodge's are notorious for. I want a "level" 6" lift. If I go Zone I would go with the 6"/3" lift. I'm torn between the Zone and Superlift. I like that the Superlift comes with Billistein shocks but, when I contacted them they do not sell heavy duty UCA's they claim that they are not required with this lift. Any thoughts?

PhillyGoat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have the zone lift you talked about and no noticeable rake (to me)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Upper control arms are not required, just say'n'!

Approaching 58k miles, 34k of those leveled and/or lifted and still rock'n the stock UCA's. Them Zone UCA's are stout no doubt but not a nesessity.

Between Superlift or Zone, go with whichever you get the better deal. Down here, I had mine purchased, installed, and aligned for less than $1600 out the door.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

hudgenja

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Upper control arms are not required, just say'n'!

Approaching 58k miles, 34k of those leveled and/or lifted and still rock'n the stock UCA's. Them Zone UCA's are stout no doubt but not a nesessity.

Between Superlift or Zone, go with whichever you get the better deal. Down here, I had mine purchased, installed, and aligned for less than $1600 out the door.

Holy sh*t wish it was that cheap Zone is the cheaper lift for me but gonna be more than that lol. I called Zone yesterday and had a bunch of questions answered and he said the UCA's are designed for coil over trucks. I'm gonna buy the Zone kit then do some 17x9's with Toyo open country rt 35's

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Holy sh*t wish it was that cheap Zone is the cheaper lift for me but gonna be more than that lol. I called Zone yesterday and had a bunch of questions answered and he said the UCA's are designed for coil over trucks. I'm gonna buy the Zone kit then do some 17x9's with Toyo open country rt 35's

Autoanything had a smok'n 30% off deal around Christmas 2015 and it actually applied to big ticket stuff, couldn't pass on that deal! Install was like $540 by an authorized retailer/installer. I was bery, bery happy

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just chimin' in here... I went with the Zone 6/5 lift with my Bil's set at 2.1. I also have a 1.5" BL on top of the 6" suspension lift. I do see rake in the truck and I only did that so I'm not "California Leaning" when I tow or have a load in the back. :). I'm at 4,000 miles and at 1 year 3 months on the lift and have had ZERO complaints. Now, I have the 6 speed tranny with 3.55 gears and am rolling 37x13.50x20 tires on some pretty heavy Fuel Vapor's.... but I have to say, I have NO problems passing people and she stays on the road just fine. I don't have to fight anything even during a windy day down the highway at 65+ MPH. Now, the MPG.... my dash normally shows an average of 11.3 - 11.7. I do live in a small city area with many stops and go-s. The highway's kill my MPG, but give me a backroad where I can coast with it and drive it like a CDL truck.... I've averaged about 14+ MPG. Hope this info helps!

Adam

OP
OP
H

hudgenja

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just chimin' in here... I went with the Zone 6/5 lift with my Bil's set at 2.1. I also have a 1.5" BL on top of the 6" suspension lift. I do see rake in the truck and I only did that so I'm not "California Leaning" when I tow or have a load in the back. :). I'm at 4,000 miles and at 1 year 3 months on the lift and have had ZERO complaints. Now, I have the 6 speed tranny with 3.55 gears and am rolling 37x13.50x20 tires on some pretty heavy Fuel Vapor's.... but I have to say, I have NO problems passing people and she stays on the road just fine. I don't have to fight anything even during a windy day down the highway at 65+ MPH. Now, the MPG.... my dash normally shows an average of 11.3 - 11.7. I do live in a small city area with many stops and go-s. The highway's kill my MPG, but give me a backroad where I can coast with it and drive it like a CDL truck.... I've averaged about 14+ MPG. Hope this info helps!

Adam

Well Adam, first off that's a badass truck! Second, thanks for the input. I'm thinking of going with some Toyo Open Country RT's 35's what do you think?

Dangulo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Adam

Pics of the truck?

OP
OP
H

hudgenja

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you on mobile? Click full site and pics display Adam has some as his signature which can be seen In full site mode

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi