Lifting or leveling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandonwiles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi everyone, I'm new to the site but I've been looking at lifting my 2014 1500 and needed someone's advice. Here's my game plan. I'd like to put a 4" suspension lift with 34" nittos on fuel Kranks. Not sure what brand lift. Or if the 34's will look okay with the lift.

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hi everyone, I'm new to the site but I've been looking at lifting my 2014 1500 and needed someone's advice. Here's my game plan. I'd like to put a 4" suspension lift with 34" nittos on fuel Kranks. Not sure what brand lift. Or if the 34's will look okay with the lift.

Welcome to the board!! I'm replying because about 6 months ago I was in the very same spot. I originally wanted a 4" lift with some 34s but now have completely changed my mind on what I'm going to purchase/install.

There's definitely a lot of great people on here who will help. Really, it's all in what you want to do. I do know that most will recommend BDS or Zone for the lift and will NOT recommend RCX (Rough Country). But like I said, it's all in what you want to do and what kind of look you're going for. Mine is leveled with spacers right now and I mean, it's nice but I want a much more aggressive look.

Adam

chipmaker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can level 2.1" and run 35s.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I went with superlift. Mostly because it's the same lift Mopar puts their name on (may argue it doesn't void your warranty), it uses new springs in the rear rather than spacers, and it's a really good price! Both 6" and 4" are the same cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ruskibrewski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was looking at lifts for awhile as well, but decided to go with bilsteins up front and a spacer in the rear.

Jizzo17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought the rancho 2.25" quick lift from moes and couldn't be happier. I installed myself and it only took about an hour or so. They gave me enough room to run 35" tires and they can be adjusted to suit your desired stiffness or softness.

ruskibrewski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
About an hour? I forsee myself spending an hour just on a stubborn bolt or two that don't want to budge.

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
About an hour? I forsee myself spending an hour just on a stubborn bolt or two that don't want to budge.

I know the feeling! That's why I always allow for something stupid to hold me up anytime I do a project because that sorta thing is always happening to me too!

Adam

danam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Dodge Ram 4WD SLT Quad Cab
Engine
4.7l
PB Blaster might help with stubborn bolts.

OP
OP
B

Brandonwiles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hate to change it on you guys. What's the deal on leveling kits. I had talked to a local off-road shop about it. They say with the 2" ready lift leveling kit no one is coming back with premature ball joint failure. Opposed to the 2.5". Seems to be an issue with this body style

fordtech90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On 2013+ they changed the UCA (upper control arm) and the ball joint is more affected by the change in angles when you level it. Stock height in 4x4 is usually 36" in front and 39" in rear, and the more of a level you put in the front w/o adding a spindel will kill your UCA.

OP
OP
B

Brandonwiles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So what you're saying is that buying an aftermarket uca isn't going to help?