Lifting/leveling 2012 2wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SuperBeaner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So I've been looking for a few weeks for a suspension upgrade for my 2wd 2012 QC. Most sites I've seen only sell levelers for 4wd, but I assume those will work on a 2wd as well.

My real question is this: do i need 2 inches up front or 1.5 if I want my truck to be level? 2.5 seems like its going to lift the nose up past level.

Also, what shocks should I be looking at? I don't do too much off road, barely at all. I do haul a trailer ( I'm a carpenter/remodeler) and I plan on eventually adding a full air suspension similar to the one on the 2013 trucks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
2wd <> 4wd for the levels. I believe Daystar makes a 2wd level kit. Not sure on those though!

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Measuring from the ram head in the middle of the wheel to the top of the wheel well opening front and rear will give you around the height that you need to be leveled

srqFF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Last edited:

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Keep in mind that these poly / not steel spacers will settle a little bit after a few thousand miles. Personally, I want to keep a touch of the factory rake and am looking at the 1.5" spacers. I've heard that once installed, it makes the truck sit within .25" of being level. Assume another .25" of settle you're looking .5" Rake, which is about perfect IMO.

That being said, I believe from reviews I've read, that you need to get longer front shocks to avoid a hard ride (to close to fully extended?) Supposedly the 2500 shocks work for this. (Not Verified, merely rumor)

srqFF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Keep in mind that these poly / not steel spacers will settle a little bit after a few thousand miles. Personally, I want to keep a touch of the factory rake and am looking at the 1.5" spacers. I've heard that once installed, it makes the truck sit within .25" of being level. Assume another .25" of settle you're looking .5" Rake, which is about perfect IMO.

That being said, I believe from reviews I've read, that you need to get longer front shocks to avoid a hard ride (to close to fully extended?) Supposedly the 2500 shocks work for this. (Not Verified, merely rumor)

I spoke with one of the guys from Performancelifts.com and thats what he recommended to me. The Bilstein HD series (The model number i listed in my post above you) fit our trucks perfectly and provide a longer travel.

a_guerrajr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
i have the day star 1.5 kit.
truck looks pretty level. a 2" would probably be perfect, however i'm happy.

srqFF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
If you're only leveling, I don't see the point of getting new rear shocks.

But if you want, they make non adjustable bilstein 5100s you could use in the rear.

PS where do you all make your little ram avatars?