Lifting trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nox11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Quick and dirty, I got the PA 3 inch lift for my 2013 (after emailing and asking them if it would fit my truck) Rack and pinion adapter doesn't fit, at all. And bed bolts don't reach.(says to use 120mm for the furthest rear and doesn't even come with them...) I leveled my truck Friday night, and went to lift it today and now I'm just sitting here annoyed. Truck is lifted with no steering ability and a floating bed. Am I missing something??

OP
OP
Nox11

Nox11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Solved the bed problem, the normal inch socket was too deep, il take the mistake on that, this pinion tho Yikes

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Robert, just saw this and it looks like you got your questions answered.
But the few friends that I know that installed it themselves also had the same issues with the pinion. It does fit and work, but it is a PITA
Keep me posted on this

OP
OP
Nox11

Nox11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Robert, just saw this and it looks like you got your questions answered.
But the few friends that I know that installed it themselves also had the same issues with the pinion. It does fit and work, but it is a PITA
Keep me posted on this

Any idea how they did it? Before I set out today an cut up more knuckles haha

OP
OP
Nox11

Nox11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The rack and pinion is on, it got past the sticking point, after a lot of choice words and a few homemade prayers hahah Hopefully I can still steer. Will report back later!

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The rack and pinion is on, it got past the sticking point, after a lot of choice words and a few homemade prayers hahah Hopefully I can still steer. Will report back later!

Let me get their response and let you know.....
All I know is one of them had to leave it for the day (cursed like hell too) to come back the next day with a less clouded head...LOL

OP
OP
Nox11

Nox11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let me get their response and let you know.....
All I know is one of them had to leave it for the day (cursed like hell too) to come back the next day with a less clouded head...LOL

Yeah that's what I did, started early after sleeping on it. Got it in place and the rest was quick. I drove it around a parking lot for 5 min, tight circles, big circles.. No crazy noises were heard, so that's a good sign. Also had a friend turn both directions while i watched the pinion and rack, looked happy. I appreciate your effort in helping, doesnt go unnoticed!

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah that's what I did, started early after sleeping on it. Got it in place and the rest was quick. I drove it around a parking lot for 5 min, tight circles, big circles.. No crazy noises were heard, so that's a good sign. Also had a friend turn both directions while i watched the pinion and rack, looked happy. I appreciate your effort in helping, doesnt go unnoticed!

Being fathers day....Im not getting a response.
But I do know once he got it in, there were zero issues.
He has had it on his truck for 8 months now and has done some heavy mudding

No problem as well.
That is what we are here for :favorites13:

Thank you for your purchase as well :happy107: