Looking for guidance on leveling solution for my 2012 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BSLugnut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2012 Ram 1500 (5.7 Hemi) Crew Cab Laramie 4WD (everything stock to date)
I would like to get rid of most of the rake in the truck, to allow a bit more clearance for riding of state land/forest roads, creek crossings.
I will be keeping the stock 20" chrome rims, but would like to run 35" Toyo or Grabber or KO2 AT tires, without rubbing or trimming. (could drop down a size if needed)
I know the primary shock that is in this discussion has been the Bilstein 5100.
But, I am debating installing the Icon Stage 1 or Bilstein 5100 or the Fox 2.0 shocks in the front and rear.
Will either of the shock kits work for my goals? Without any trimming or cutting on the truck?
Will I need any additional parts like hub centric rings, UCAs or the like?
Which shock kit will perform improve my ride on the highway over the stock shock, not negatively impacting my towing/load capacity, slow going off-road (fire roads/creek crossing, the like)?

I did read, Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's post. It has a lot of good information, but the discussion was mostly around Bilstein.

Thanks in advance!

Icejob8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I leveled my '10 Ram 1500 Sport Crew 4x4 using Rancho QuickLift Struts. It was pretty easy, remove factory strut, install Ranchos. All done! Truck sits level and rides great. Best part IMO is that the Rancho strut is adjustable for ride stiffness.
In 4 years I have not had any uca, ball joint or alignment issues.
Hope that helps?