Looking for some help on a lift and tired.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Itsgotahemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I am the proud owner of a 2011 Dodge Ram quad cab. I can't tell you how much I love this truck. I currently have no lift and 33 inch tires, but of course I wanna lift that baby. I want to know what's best a 4" or a 6" and if I go 6" how big do I need to go on tires for it to look best? What lift is best? It's my everyday so I don't want it to be breaking down or have a problem every 3 months like my jeep had. Also if I go with 35s or 37s do I have to regear? And if there are any other mods I would like to know about to put on with the lift, please do tell.

And last what are the cons? What issues are you guys running into after lifting these beautiful beasts?

Thanks guys, looking forward to your responses!

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Welcome to the forum man! Post up some pics of your truck!

I'd recommend going with a 6" Zone lift with 37" tires for the best look. 4" and 35's also looks killer.

What gears do you have currently? You'll feel pretty sluggish with either tire if you have 3.21 gears. I've got 35's and 3.92 gears. With my hemifever tune the truck is faster than it was stock, even with the 35's!

Only con I can see would be MPG. Be prepared to lose 4-5 mpg instantly.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
2011, I bet 5 speed and 3.55's...so plan on a regear.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Check tag on rear axle, should show, but I bet 3.55's...if you do 35's you may be ok, 37's, I d expect a regear, but front and rear...so will add to cost to do front.

sbuko213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
I've got 3.21's with 35's + 8 speed and it's not terrible, still pulls hard. I'd say 4" and 35's since a regear isn't crucial with those.